⚠️ Encyclopedia Dramatica is currently being restored by automated scripts ⚠️
There's been a lot of questions as to what's going on with the site and what comes next. So we have this (ordered) roadmap of what's being worked on and what's to come. This will be updated until the roadmap is complete as Æ has a lot of missing features and ideas that I'd like to fix in regards to its offerings before I implement big plans for the site's popularity and well-being in 2021.
Content restoration (Mostly done, few things missing that will be restored sporadically) Image restoration (Being run in background, nothing I can do cept wait)
Æ Imageboard (Currently being worked on)
Mediawiki upgrade and backend fixes
.onion domain for Tor-friendly editing and viewing
CSS overhaul (Fixing things like the videos on mobile, and overall a rehaul of the wiki's look to be more friendly to readers)
Paid bounty board for new articles (Won't be managed by me for legal reasons however I will ensure it runs smoothly)
Anonymous phone # service for those seeking ban evades from Twitter as well as a phone number not tied to their name (more details at launch)
Currently we are nearing our annual LLC renewal fee ($650) as well throwing the funds required for these other changes and aspects. If you would like to support Æ consider purchasing a copy of The Hustler's Bible or securing some Merch. Donating is also appreciated however I would rather give something back as per the two options above.
If you have any questions you can join our public Telegram chat to DM me privately or @ me in chat.
You can also email me via [email protected]
Merch notes: Thank you to all who have purchased merch. We will ship late January or mid February depending on our provider's speed.
Here's to setting the world on fire in 2021!
Windows Media Player
Windows Media Player is yet another bloated whore piece of software brought to you by the toothless chaps over at Microsoft. Nobody loves Windows Media Player. You can play songs and shit and watch movies and what have you, and is the default pr0n player that has come with every version of windows for the last hundred years. Everybody loves pr0n, nobody loves Windows Media Player. Unfortunately, no video format is known to play on it unless you download additional codecs. It offers an easy to use interface, such as closing the window and getting winamp. Helpfully, WMP organizes all your media for you, but only after waiting hours while it is being added to the built-in library. However, there are several innovative features no other player half its size implements, such as syncing your Ipod, and scrobbling your shitty music to display on your Last.fm profile.
Short History Of This Piece of Shit
- WMP 1-5: Lol, don't exist.
- WMP 6.4: What Media Player Classic is based on. First and last Windows Media Player that wasn't total shit.
- WMP 7.1: Bloated piece of shit with crap internet hookup features, still much like 6.4 with a shitty skin. Had a beta version they never officially released that was even worse.
- WMP 8-9: Useless successors. So useless, you could import the Media codecs to the 7.1 version because the 8-9 players were even more bloated with worthless shit otherwise.
- Every version since just keeps doubling down on the Fail, all you need to know.
- Paul Thurrott's review of Windows Media Player
- PC Magazine's review of Windows Media Player
- Apparently Windows users need WGA for the bloatware to work
- Once you install it, it doesn't leave.
- Windows Media Player also works with pictures
- Windows Media Player goes from Vista glossy to Windows 7 clear
Windows Media Player is part of a series on
Visit the Softwarez Portal for complete coverage.
Windows Media Player
is part of a series on
Adobe® Photoshop® • Android • BlackBerry • Blu-ray • Compact Disc • DesuRadio • DRM • Fairphone • FLAC • Fraps • Gimp • Internet DVD • K-LULZ • Irfanview • iPhone • iPod • iTunes • L0de • Microsoft Surface • Mixtapes • MKV • MP3 • MS Paint • Pivot Stickfigure Animator • Quicktime • RealPlayer • Reason • Sony Vegas • VLC Media Player • Windows Movie Maker • Windows Media Player • WMV • Zune