⚠️ Final stages: EDiting to re-open shortly ⚠️
Content restoration (Mostly done, few things missing that will be restored sporadically) Image restoration (Somehow still going? You can check statistics for more information)
Æ Imageboard (Delayed, work to be resumed at a later date)
Mediawiki upgrade and backend fixes
.onion domain for Tor-friendly editing and viewing
CSS overhaul (Fixing things like the videos on mobile, and overall a rehaul of the wiki's look to be more friendly to readers)
Paid bounty board for new articles (Won't be managed by me for legal reasons however I will ensure it runs smoothly)
Anonymous phone # service for those seeking ban evades from Twitter as well as a phone number not tied to their name (more details at launch)
If you have any questions you can join our public Telegram chat to DM me privately or @ me in chat.
You can also email me via [email protected]
Merch Status: Merch is in. Waiting for USPS envelopes to mail out.
What (alternatives below) is a valid response to an overly lengthy journal entry, comment or black person. Also used in response to an entry, question, comment, forum post, etc. that is just completely un-fucking-believably stupid. WHAT is always a worthwhile addition to any conversation, demonstrating one's superior intellect and mastery of the English language. Whenever you find yourself in a situation on the internets where your opinion really matters, what is for you! It also apparently originates from the Something Awful forums, specifically FYAD. Something Awful invents everything, kind of like Al Gore and blacks. The use of what is, of course, a bannable offense on Something Awful nowadays.
Contrary to popular opinion, they speak English in What.
- what - a very general use of the term. Can denote confusion, surprise, excitement or rage.
- WHAT - using caps often implies emphasis and emotion.
- wait what - denotes confusion, used when the thread or conversation shifts topic too quickly.
- wat - used to denote the deepest confusion, only when something is so absurd and off-base that a stunned sounding "what" is corrupted into a simple sound because of the amount of retardation that has affected the mind. This is generally used when you cannot understand OP or when they are being completely non-sequitur. For instance:
Speaker 1: Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like? Speaker 2: wat
- wat ¯\(°_o)/¯ - Same as "wat," but shows that the poster is a newfag.
- lolwut - a reference an image macro consisting of the Biting Pear of Salamanca with the text LOL WUT added, often humorously denoting confusion at something ridiculous.
- wut - can denote confusion and sluggish response, probably also from retardation
- WUT - denotes emphasis on confusion
- what is this i dont even - used only when something is terrible, inappropriate or so bad that it requires remarking. Unlike "wat," this is used when the OP makes sense, but is completely wrong or stupid.
- i'm 12 years old and what is this - age is included to show that even with the most experience, one can still be incredibly disgusted by lack of quality.
- Whut (with or without ./!/?)
- [email protected] (W + at)
- w^ (W + hat)
- What is this? I don't even know
- Cut? (Emo variant)
- w00t (Leetspeak variant)
- lolwut / LOLWUT / LOL WUT (Weird pear variant)
- Oh god how did this get in here I am not good with computers (Happycat variant)
- Doctor Who? (the sci-fi nerd variant)
Around the World
- Wat (Afrikaans and Dutch variant)
- Çfarë (Albanian variant)
- ماذا / ايه/ اشنو / (Arabic variant)
- Tsi (Aromanian variant)
- Што (Belarusian and Macedonian variant)
- Какво / Кво (Bulgarian variant)
- Què (Catalan variant)
- Ꮂ (Cherokee variant)
- 什么 / 何 / 哦 / 啥 (Chinese variant)
- Ah (Cree variant)
- Što (Croatian variant)
- Co (Czech and Polish variant)
- Hvad (Danish variant)
- Mida (Estonian variant)
- Kio (Esperanto variant)
- Ano / Ha (Filipino variant)
- Mikä / Mitäh (Finnish variant)
- Comment (French variant)
- Was (German variant)
- Τι (Greek variant)
- מה (Hebrew variant)
- क्या (Hindi variant)
- Apa (Indonesian and Malay variant)
- Huna / Kisuk / Nauk / Sua / Suna (Inuktitut variant)
- Che cosa (Italian variant)
- Mi (Hungarian variant)
- Kvað (Icelandic variant)
- Céard/Cad (Irish variant)
- 何(Japanese variant)
- Не (Kazakh variant)
- ម៉េច (Khmer variant)
- 뭐 (Korean variant)
- QVID (Latin variant)
- Kas (Latvian variant)
- Ką (Lithuanian variant)
- എന്തരു (Malayalam variant)
- Xiex (Maltese variant)
- काय (Marathi variant)
- Ba’ax (Mayan variant)
- Tlein (Nahuatl variant)
- چه (Persian variant)
- O quê (Portuguese variant)
- Ce (Romanian variant)
- Что (Russian variant)
- Šta / Шта (Serbian variant)
- Eng (Sesotho variant)
- Čo (Slovak variant)
- Maxay (Somali variant)
- Qué (Spanish variant)
- Nini (Swahili variant)
- Va / Vad (Swedish variant)
- อะไร (Thai variant)
- Ne (Turkish variant)
- 𐎎𐎅 (Ugaritic variant)
- Що (Ukrainian variant)
- CÁI LỒN GÌ ĐÂY (Vietnamese variant)
- Beth (Welsh variant)
- וואס (Yiddish variant)
- WWWWH (What? Who? When? Where? How?)
- xxdeadinmyselfxx: yesterday i was at the store.
- IIJonasBrotherFanFANII: Well might I say, old pal, upon reading your message I was met with a combination of both surprise and quite a tingling sensation below the left ear. Why is this you might ask? I was infected with herpes... on the ear. Yes on the ear. "Why is this?" you might ask, good sir. In 2006 I was experimenting with a very good, moral friend and a nondetachable artifact imitating the human male's reproductive organ and my friend... I'll call him Bill, because that was his name, decided it would be fun to blindfold me and make me think his own disease-ridden reproductive organ was our experimenting device. He then proceeded to ram the whole thing in my ear. Barely a near death experience! Ha! As you see this unfortunate case hasn't affected my sense of humor yet. Clearly the friend wasn't as good as I thought, heh! Till next time, I'll keep you posted good sir... if the STDs don't kill me by then! Hah! Or was that in bad taste? If so, sorry, I did not intend this by any means.
- LOL WUT
- U WOT M8
- Wat do
- Gabrielle Chana - What is the only response to anything the secret Jesuit says.
|What is part of a series on Language & Communication|