⚠️ Encyclopedia Dramatica is currently being restored by automated scripts ⚠️
There's been a lot of questions as to what's going on with the site and what comes next. So we have this (ordered) roadmap of what's being worked on and what's to come. This will be updated until the roadmap is complete as Æ has a lot of missing features and ideas that I'd like to fix in regards to its offerings before I implement big plans for the site's popularity and well-being in 2021.
Content restoration (Mostly done, few things missing that will be restored sporadically) Image restoration (Being run in background, nothing I can do cept wait)
Æ Imageboard (Currently being worked on)
Mediawiki upgrade and backend fixes
.onion domain for Tor-friendly editing and viewing
CSS overhaul (Fixing things like the videos on mobile, and overall a rehaul of the wiki's look to be more friendly to readers)
Paid bounty board for new articles (Won't be managed by me for legal reasons however I will ensure it runs smoothly)
Anonymous phone # service for those seeking ban evades from Twitter as well as a phone number not tied to their name (more details at launch)
Currently we are nearing our annual LLC renewal fee ($650) as well throwing the funds required for these other changes and aspects. If you would like to support Æ consider purchasing a copy of The Hustler's Bible or securing some Merch. Donating is also appreciated however I would rather give something back as per the two options above.
If you have any questions you can join our public Telegram chat to DM me privately or @ me in chat.
You can also email me via [email protected]
Merch notes: Thank you to all who have purchased merch. We will ship late January or mid February depending on our provider's speed.
Here's to setting the world on fire in 2021!
The Great DA Troll of 2007
iii. We will only intervene in cases of extremely aggressive commenting; we will no longer attempt to mediate arguments or other debates as most can be resolved between the users, by using the block system or by simply walking away from it. Artists by nature argue and we simply do not have time to intervene nor is it always healthy for us to intervene in some of the more spirited debates. We will only intervene in cases of extremely insulting commentary; we will no longer address comments which are considered to be ‘merely’ rude or coarse and a certain level of swearing and rough language will be tolerated without penalty.
iv. We will no longer address issues involving personal journals; deviants are free to discuss other deviants in their personal journals (commonly termed “calling out” ). We will continue to address hate speech, etc in personal journals. EDIT: We will be upping the maximum amount of users one may block from 20 to 100 sometime in the next few days to help ease concern in this area as many felt 20 was too low
- We won't b& you for being mean to each other anymore.
- We are extremely lazy fucks.
It remains to be seen if this means people banned under the old rules, like Shadowgamers, will have their bans lifted. Probably not seeing as the Lordly Assfaces of DeviantART are a bunch of LAZY cunts.
And as is DeviantART tradition, the drama began immediately:
- "Bad idea if I ever heard one. Now you're going to get every pissed-off n00b on the site making lists of the Deviants they hate and rallying their friends against administration for carrying out their duties. It's nothing new, but for some reason you guys have suddenly decided to allow it." 
- "Unfortunately, a user can only block 20 people. If someone with more than 20 fanbrats calls a user out in their journals, that user is going to need more than 20 block slots. gg dA; catering to the deviantDIVAs and trolls since 2000 :/ This whole news post screams 'I don't want to do my job properly so I'll half ass it.'" 
- "So, wait, people are ALLOWED to link to other people's pages and sick their fanbrats on whoever, just because you have in place a system to block some users and hide comments? Oh yeah, THAT'S a good idea, how wonderful of you to change that for 'the better'. ... dA seems to love drama, 'ey?" 
- "This is, honestly, the most idiotic thing the administration of this website has done since I joined." 
- "Does this make an ounce of sense? Isn't "calling out" deviants in your journal, and making remarks about them considered libel, something you've clearly also just stated remains an issue of Zero Tolerance? Make up you mind. But if you continue to go the route of allowing deviants to call out and defame other users via their journal, there will be NO good to come from this, simply more HD tickets and more headaches for administration. Correct me if I'm wrong though...what good do you believe will come from allowing deviants to say almost anything they wish in their journals about fellow deviants?" 
- "Oh, so apparently stealing and harassment are A-OK now! Now THAT makes me feel just GREAT. :/ No seriously, WHAT?" 
- "but a lot of this site ISNT a real world art scene, its a bunch of under-aged children who have no idea how to tolerate opposing opinions and take things WAY to seriously. giving them free reign over what and who they can bitch about may cause a LOT of excess drama on here, which we simply do not need." 
- "So, we're gonna let corpses on the site? I'm not too excited about that one." 
- "lol . so i can post dead animals again .. thank god you all came to your senses" 
- "The thing is, there never was a calling out rule, it was enforced case by case" - Lolly. bullshit. 
BUT NOTHING OF THIS MATTER AT ALL, BECAUSE DeviantART IS A HAVEN FOR FAT PEOPLE, AND PRO-ANA/MIA WHORES TO SHOW OF THEIR SHITTY FURFAG DRAWINGS.
The Great DA Troll of 2007 is part of a series on
Visit the DeviantART Portal for complete coverage.
The Great DA Troll of 2007 is part of a series on
Visit the Trolls Portal for complete coverage.