The following conversations are archived. DO NOT MODIFY THEM
Let's do this. Fuck you OHINTERNET.
22.214.171.124 03:47, 16 April 2011 (UTC)
FUCK THE POPE
That is all
THANK F'KING GAWD FOR ED!
This is fuckin' spectacular. ED in China! Yay! wossat? How the fuck can .ch be Switzerland? What are we, NEUTRAL?
I AM IN FOR IT.
How do they work?
- Magic TKN 16:39, 20 April 2011 (UTC)
SAVE HISTORICAL INFORMATION
Use google cache to save Jawsus and Boxxy and Jessi Slaughter ect ect ect
do it faggots BilboDerpins 10:50, 16 April 2011 (UTC)
EMAIL CONFIRMATION ISSUES
Is anyone else having one? I'm being told that my email address is invalid. Yes, i've checked the spelling. Dr. Caligari 10:22, 16 April 2011 (UTC)
Yeah, I'm getting issues. Same kind as you. Exploding Knees 17:20, 16 April 2011 (ETD)
- Working on it right now Ryan 16:51, 16 April 2011 (UTC)
I had that earlier. D4ng3r0u5 16:52, 16 April 2011 (UTC)
Editing and deleting
I fear some one is trying to make it harder for us to resucitate ED... editing should only be permited to registered users to avoid anons erasing stuff.Afilthyjew
This. It needs to be done ASAP.
Editing the wikipedo entry
Someone with the hability to edit semiprotected pages, please edit the wikipedia entry for ED. It sats the site "WAS" when in fact "IS" also redirect the links to this site. Show them faggots that ED is alive and well and its new home is ED.CH
Wikipedo needs verifiability. We need to be reported in a reliable secondary source to do that. D4ng3r0u5 02:02, 17 April 2011 (UTC)
- I can. but won't. Anyway, its full protected now so I can't. If it was Pending Changes, I could review.(no, i'm not saying I'll approve if it gets PC)TKN 17:59, 20 April 2011 (UTC)
Way to turn ED into 4chan garbage. --126.96.36.199 17:41, 16 April 2011 (UTC)
- lolwut. Documenting 4chan culture was the reason ED existed. That and internet drama. OP is a fag.
- Yeah this is just terrrible --188.8.131.52 17:43, 16 April 2011 (UTC)
- The first thing I see on the main page are FUCKING MEMES. Bravo, faggots, the articles you write will likely be unfunny chan shit. --184.108.40.206 17:46, 16 April 2011 (UTC)
- Cool proxies bro --Hierofag 18:00, 16 April 2011 (UTC)
Because ED wasn't chan shit before. Obvious trolls are obvious, GTFO. 220.127.116.11 17:50, 16 April 2011 (UTC)
- Newfag detected, chan shit and writing articles that consisted of nothing but regurgitated memes wasn't allowed on the old ED until morons like you grew in number to the point of being uncontrollable. --18.104.22.168 00:13, 17 April 2011 (UTC)
You fuckers do realize that we're just restoring the ED articles to the way they were as of the archives we can get ahold of, right? We're not writing/editing them at this point; that's a job that we do AFTER the site is fully (or at least as fully as we can get it) restored. And hey, here's a crazy-ass idea: how about "YOU" guys who think we're doing such a bad job of this help edit articles once that point comes, instead of being butthurt that things aren't OMGFUCKINGPERFECT. Exploding Knees 11:58, 17 April 2011 (EDT)
- Bahahahaha --Afunyun 14:22, 18 April 2011 (UTC)
I agree with you a little, a lot of the chan shit doesn't belong on the front page.
08:37, 17 April 2011 (UTC)
- Doesn't take an Einstein: The front page is for important shit. Shit that people care about. Shit that's big. A lot of chan stuff doesn't fit that, but some does. Same with lots of other shit. FilthyFurry 13:53, 21 April 2011 (UTC)
- Butthurt OhInterfag detected. --Zæg 04:58, 23 April 2011 (UTC)
Is this helpful?
I recreated trhe archives complete with directories and filenames (added .txt).
Download is here .
Anyone else say we hack Ohinternet's server and turn it into a bunch of CP? LaQueesha 19:35, 16 April 2011 (UTC)
Yeah, We can probably recruit someone to do that, if we don't already have some who can. In which case, Let's do this shit. NAO!
Make the fuckers burn. PikaMon 07:49, 17 April 2011 (GMC +1)
nope.avi. Just because you hate that shitsite (I do too, don't get me wrong) isn't a good reason to initiate a raid like that and have it potentially traced back here. In fact, I say just let that site fester; raiding it in any form (DDoS included) just gives it attention. Exploding Knees 12:03, 17 April 2011 (EDT)
- Seconded. And why not remove the dox on GV? Revenge is a dish best served cold... --Web v1.0 14:46, 17 April 2011 (UTC)
No, don't remove the dox, they are pobably a nuisance for her, and if angry anons decide to order her some free pizza then why not let them.--Monkeebomb 03:26, 24 April 2011 (UTC)
It will crash and burn on its own - its painful to even navigate that site, so who would want to actually use it? --Afunyun 14:23, 18 April 2011 (UTC)
I support this site
And I'll try to help restore it. Fuck Ohinternet.
Oh, and if y'all are interested, a the Archive Team managed to get .txt files of all of the ED articles. There are no pictures, obviously, but it'll help put this stuff back up here. The .zip archive to this can be found here. --> http://www.webecologyproject.org/2011/04/archiving-internet-subculture-encyclopedia-dramatica/
- New ED haz my full support also. Let's do it, fellow EDiots. Let's restore our precious ED.
Any idea on how the fuck we're going to get the pictures back?
Or are the pictures lost forever? There was some gold shit on the old site, but now it seems to all be gone. Or are we going to have to just start that all over again?
- The pictures are being restored --Hierofag 03:58, 17 April 2011 (UTC)
- A little tutorial is here. It also a list of wanted files. --Web v1.0 14:44, 17 April 2011 (UTC)
- It's not going to be easy in some cases, but they're slowly being restored. Some are probably lost for good. --Copypaste 14:49, 17 April 2011 (UTC)
- *Yeah, quite a few images were literally only on ED, or on very, very few anons' computers. The galleries are going to be the toughest to replace. Exploding Knees
- I'm trying to fix Juggalo34.jpg, but it won't "stick". --Web v1.0 04:53, 19 April 2011 (UTC)
- HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS! --Web v1.0 08:36, 20 April 2011 (UTC)
An idea on now to restore the pics
Let's say that an user has a lot of pictures related to a subject. Only problem is that the user doesn't know the exact pictures that was used and the correct names.
So my suggestion is that the user should upload the pics anyway and create a gallery at the talk page. The pictures should have the name format ARTICLE NAME-TEMPORARY-NUMBER.
And to avoid any unnecessary guesswork (all) the tumbnails should be uploaded. Then, anyone can couple the thumbs and the pics and re-up with correct names.
What do you think? --Web v1.0 04:32, 19 April 2011 (UTC)
- I like that idea. I have a few things that might be on that list, but I'm not sure about the filenames. FilthyFurry 13:27, 21 April 2011 (UTC)
Any idea if it's gonna get an auto search bar like the old ED?
You know like when you would type something in and the would load a suggested article/word?
- Eventually TKN 06:00, 23 April 2011 (UTC)
Make Jewtube the featured article
There are already videos on there from the butthurt rejoicing that ED was supposedly "taken down" Feature jewtube in their honour AfroPuffs 03:39, 17 April 2011 (UTC)
I'm happy people did something rather than just sit around and piss and moan, I was never a contributor on the old site but for some reason I feel like this one will be better, all I want to see is that the article deletion/flushing policies are a bit more lenient and that most articles that were blitzed in the 25th of january are brought back as some of them were rather grand Ragedog 06:36, 17 April 2011 (UTC)
Is this legal?
Or are we just totally under the radar with this shit? Either way, I breathed a sweet sigh of relief when I found it.
- Even if it isn't totally legal, we're on a Swiss domain, and the Swiss really don't give a damn about U.S. laws. In short, I'm not too concerned. Exploding Knees 12:05, 17 April 2011 (EDT)
- Swiss domain? The domain has nothing to do with anything. The server is in Palo Alto, US laws still apply. --Ror 17:01, 20 April 2011 (UTC)
- Hmm, good point. I was relying on the rumor mill at that point. Exploding Knees
- S'ok. The servers are probably too busy goin' dumb in the South Bay to worry about shitty laws right now anyways. As a safety measure I suggest ED.ch makes an easy way of distributing the articles via torrents and archives to make it easy to setup in the event of another mass DFE. --Ror 17:35, 20 April 2011 (UTC)
Yes it is legal, because the articles originally belongs to 4chan.org If anything, 4chan could sue the old Encylopedia Dramatica for stealing it's contents. This would make moot very happy. All articles are taken from past events in 4chanarchives. In other words, up yours sell offs.
Maybe I'm just sick and sadistic, but I'd really like to see someone argue that they own the pain series page on ED. It would be hilarious. Haudnotusnomen 18:03, 17 April 2011 (UTC)
Now that ED is at a different domain, we aren't blacklisted on TOW anymore. So we can spam the MONGO article and other classics there to torment the wikipedos. 22.214.171.124 12:12, 17 April 2011 (UTC)
- No. just no. Don't even bother. TKN 18:03, 20 April 2011 (UTC)
- If you did, the new name would be blacklisted in about 9,000 milliseconds. FilthyFurry 13:29, 21 April 2011 (UTC)
- As repeated by everyone with a level of reasoning above that of a 13 year old boy, no. Thats the kind of train of thought that got the old domain blacklisted in the firstplace. --Ror 11:08, 22 April 2011 (UTC)
- +1 @ Ror TKN 06:02, 23 April 2011 (UTC)
Are we going to implememnt the threat level again? I have all of the ones that I made for it.
- Hell yes! --Web v1.0 14:27, 17 April 2011 (UTC)
Hey, to prevent template vandals from fucking up your Main Page, protect it under "cascading" option, which means all the templates that are included on the Main Page cannot be editted by random faggots to fuck it up via template vandalism (something I used to do the old ED lol). If the cascading option isn't available here is a list of templates you need to protect. Regards from an old friend, Hagger 13:19, 17 April 2011 (UTC)
Things seam to be going well
Yep I think that by the end of the year that sellout Girlvinyl will be regretting dropping this site. over 200,000 views and nearly 10,000 content articles in less then 3 days, I'm willing to bet that new web2.0 shit heap ohinternet dosn't even have half those numbers. Keep up the good work comrades.
Encouragement from user:SirAlantheTimid
I'm getting some pictures
I'm mainly trying to work on the Hipster article, where I've found the Hipster Shore pic, and the How to Kill a Hipster pic from that episode of King of The Hill. The thumbnail of that is showing up, but the hipster shore one is not. Maybe someone can help.
fugly main page
fix it, Main_Page/draft
Please do. Pi Is A Rational 07:31, 21 April 2011 (UTC)
We seriously need to get that search bar back on track. It's that shitty type of search bar that old wiki/ED had. It should have an auto suggestion when you type in the name of the article you're searching for.
ED access restricted problem
While trying to access the site I am redirected to this page blocking access to the site:
- First of all, it's not a script. Cloudflare is the content delivery network we use at ED.ch. Not only does it increase the site's resistance against DDoS attacks, reduce our load and fasten the site, it also does a very good job at blocking spammers. Secondly, if you're getting that page, it's usually correct: your IP has been blacklisted for a reason - because it has detected malicious activity from that IP in the past, or is in a botnet blacklist. It could also be because you're using a proxy or Tor. Only a very small portion of users will have to fill in that Captcha. But, yeah, we're going to turn Cloudflare protection to minimal soon anyway. Tflow 13:15, 18 April 2011 (UTC)
- What he said ^ TKN 13:19, 18 April 2011 (UTC)
- Somehow the fact that I belong to a very small portion of users who are being harassed with such measures doesn't make me feel any better. I'm not using a proxy or Tor, and I know for a fact that I (and my computer) never sent spam, viruses, or whatever. Whether there are other people in my ISP network doing that is none of my business and something I couldn't care less about. If that Cloudflare (a company not competent enough to write a working cross-browser script for captcha solving, to start with) indiscriminately blocks whole networks and IP ranges with attackers and legitimate users alike, it doesn't speak in favor of professionalism of such a company. Neither in favor of website owners collaborating with it. Pedobear 09:33, 19 April 2011 (UTC)
- Uh. You realize they use the standard recaptcha code, right? So it's not actually their own code, and the issue is most likely with Recaptcha?
About the ED_archive.zip
I'm going to replace as many of the numbered filenames with the actual article title and then re up it so that it's easier to find the article you're looking for. --Afunyun 14:28, 18 April 2011 (UTC)
uploading animated GIFS
Every time I try to upload an animated gif I get sent to a "413 request entity too large" page. The files aren't too big, like 1.5 mb.
I think this is an issue with the CDN reverse proxy. It's being looked into, thanks ♥ e
Style problem on Firefox 4
The bullet points don't display properly on Firefox 4 - they show up outside the boxes. On Chrome they display fine, I haven't tried any other browser. --☦Hierofag 16:40, 18 April 2011 (UTC)
- Link to show what I mean --☦Hierofag 16:44, 18 April 2011 (UTC)
Please bring back
"Video of the Now" and similar. I need you to tell me what's funny. I NEED YOU TO TELL ME HOW TO LIVE MY LIFE.
- They will, most likely, but maybe after almost all the other priorities are fixed. (Images, articles, etc.)--Person123 13:13, 20 April 2011 (UTC)
Yes i also enjoyed Video of the now. It would be an excellent addition to the front page.
- I suggest this be used, for reasons that should become obvious.--Ror 00:37, 24 April 2011 (UTC)
Image Upload All Wonky
It's very hit and miss, and mostly miss. Usually it won't create the thumbnail, or won't upload the file at all, or if it doesn't create the intermediary partially sized thumbnail, etc, etc. I tried uploading about 50 different missing images from various articles but I don't think even half of them actually went though semi-complete. Onideus 05:23, 19 April 2011 (UTC)
- The image proper should work (wait a few minutes, clear your cache, etc.). I've seen the thumbnail problem on several other wikis, so I'm assuming it's affecting everything using Mediawiki. Hyperion09 10:15, 19 April 2011 (UTC)
- I'm having a similar problem, where the thumbnail of an image I uploaded shows up in the article but if you go to the page for the image, the full image is not there. Have I simply made a stupid mistake in the uploading process? Future anger 18:55, 19 April 2011 (UTC)
- It appears to be basically due to Mediawikis retarded job queue system. You're not informed of it, but thumbnail creation actually doesn't happen instantly. Your picture is put in the queue, every X pageloads one thing from the queue is done... if a lot of things requiring a queue (image uploads, template changes) have been done, it will take a while before your images are processed. There is still an issue with the uploading of large images; this can be circumvented by uploading them to a service like Imgur, and then using "upload from URL" using the direct link on Imgur. Joepie91 03:31, 21 April 2011 (UTC)
- The same thing is happening to me, the file won't upload. I always get 'error creating thumbnail'. Fliss 19:20, 21 April 2011
FYI, I put this page up, so non-sysops can suggest shit to go on the Moar you know bit. It'd be cool if a sysop also added a link on the template to the talk page like "Add your suggestion" Hagger 11:58, 19 April 2011 (UTC)
So how sustanable is this site? How much money is it costing and how are we goijng to be able to keep it up? It may be even harder than before to get ad revenue because of Dehippo bitching about how we're not allowed to bring back ed. Hydrok9
- We don't need monies atmTKN 12:36, 20 April 2011 (UTC)
- But there is donate button on main page TKN 12:37, 20 April 2011 (UTC)
From my talk page:
For my brothers in arms.
I'm glad that this site has sprung up in lieu of DeGrippo the Hutt's treachery. However, I am sad to say that I have very limited skills in the ways of the Wiki. Just know that I support you, and will add lulz, not unfunny to this site.
Long live ED, long live Sean Casarov.
So, with that out of the way, i'd like to start an OI:Watch project. Basically, the battle plan is to watch every little god damn quote, hypocrisy or shady double talk that spills forth from that hole of unfunny. Please, help me in this regard. Feel free to use my talk page as a storage unit for selected quotes that display the terminal foot-in-mouth these OI faggots seem to have contracted. I'll start us off with a quote from what appears to be one of the lesser remora fish that attach themselves to Sherrod's neck for a free ride. and please, if my additions aren't in quote format, correct me,
"Why does everyone think we're trying to be funny? We may try to be funny occasionally, but this site is far more information based at the moment." Truthillusion 16:09, 19 April 2011 (EDT)
Fight the good fight, Turbogook 13:21, 19 April 2011 (UTC)
- <3 Turbogook --Zæg 07:45, 21 April 2011 (UTC)
- I am sorry to inform you that, unfortunately, at this present point in time, we lack the technology to turn irony into breast cancer, so I see little point in searching for and pointing out hypocrisy in a shameless sellout whore who genuinely doesn't give a fuck about putting her own foot in her mouth. She simply doesn't care that she's being ironic. Because she's greedy. She'll cut off her grandfather's balls if she could get $20 for it. So don't bother pointing out to her that she's being ironic; she already knows. She planned it all out. It's why she's shaking around her copyright claims to have all archives of ED articles pulled and won't allow anyone else to host the site. She's one cold bitch who knows how to lay a good trap.
- Your efforts are good in heart but they're best spent on less futile efforts. She doesn't give a shit about how people see her. So long as her plan has a chance to gain spectacle attraction from Facebook and other social media networking sites to cause an explosion of traffic and acclaim (albeit a far-fetched dream), she'll do anything and everything to ensure nothing gets in the way of her little Advertising-ATM-machine meme database site. "We'll upload screenshots of ED articles soon!" No she won't. For now, the best thing to do is to avoid going to the site at all, as every page view is just another ad penny she gets. --Duckhat 08:00, 21 April 2011 (UTC)
- Ironically, she doesn't know how the Internet works. Nothing ever goes away once put on it; it's simply copied and moves around.
- On the other stuff, I agree with you. I'd rather not have our pageviews give one piece of jew gold to Judas DeHutt.
- --FilthyFurry 13:40, 21 April 2011 (UTC)
How many of us is there?
Restoration will be hard but it feels so quiet, i know a major amount have posted the links to the new site in jewtube. But right now are the amount of contributers big or small? Tetrahegan 06:51, 21 April 2011 (UTC)
- There are quite abit of people editing. I would suggest you get on IRC. DoNotWant 06:57, 21 April 2011 (UTC)
- Before the need for a new ED, the old ED was 30% raw upload, and 70% editing, maintenance and upkeep. But since we're starting fresh and trying to make up for lost -everything-, the first month or two will be 90% raw upload and minimal editing and quality control, leading to an onslaught of shitty articles by people still incredibly butthurt over what happened. So it's a sort of double-edged sword when you ask for "as many helpers as possible", because not everyone who wants to help has ever tried writing, editing, or any other form of actually contributing to an article before. We really need to call on experienced ED article writers and contributors/editors to help really polish the fuck out of these turds that are rolling in. There's no use of having just under 9001 articles if they're all shit. ED was different from Uncyclopedia or its other satirical clones (and superior to them) due to its active quality control. It wasn't all "OMG LULZ!!1!" and fart jokes and "nigger" everywhere. The point was to mimic Wikipedia in format and quality, but starkly contrast it with uncensored and non-politically-correct satirical and drama-addled articles. So far I haven't seen a single article that doesn't deserve a big "This article is shit, you can help by completely re-writing it" tag at the top.
- I know we're scrambling to make up for lost content, but let's try to replace it with something a little better than crayon drawings of what used to be. --Duckhat 07:29, 21 April 2011 (UTC)
- I couldn't agree more. Now that you think of it, all the damn spam on youtube is actually a bad thing. Like you said, we need all the experienced writers back but posting the new site like its some shitty remember when comment is just going to bring in shit contributions and cluttered articles which no one gives a shit about. Not to mention a ton of vandalism. Tetrahegan 07:57, 21 April 2011 (UTC)
- I don't see much vandalism arriving any time soon. I'm sure they're all giddy as fuck that ED.com is gone and know a lot of people won't find ED.ch unless they research it. Afterall, it's not like we went from .com to .net or .org. I have a hard enough remembering what the fuck it is myself. --Duckhat 08:04, 21 April 2011 (UTC)
To the 10-year-old updating the "Did You Know" section
You aren't funny, nor is what you put in there. "...that the monster in your closet is real?" with no internal links to give it witty double-meaning is just being fucking stupid. Also, there are no word filters, so please, I implore you, feel free to type the word "ever" simply as "ever". "Evar" is only useful for two things; for use in satire of fucktard teenage girls trying to be funny on the internet, or making yourself look like a fucktard teenage girl trying to be funny on the internet. Only one contributes to good articles; I'll leave it up to you to decide which one. --Duckhat 07:13, 21 April 2011 (UTC)
I said this shit earlier...
<Maraakate> hey the site is starting to look better
<Maraakate> congrats to everyone involved
<Maraakate> the ohi article and sherrod article need not be so juvenile attack article-yyy
<Maraakate> make fun of the shit all you want, im totally down. but make it tasteful man.
<fannypack> thats prob what happened tho
<fannypack> there are lots of pissed off ppl
<Maraakate> and im not a funny guy or a good writer so i cant help out in those regards
<Maraakate> i know but if you keep the articles that way all this does is make the site look like youre a bunch of pissed off
<Maraakate> keep it classy guys
<fannypack> that was one of the main problems with ed once it got too chaotic...
<fannypack> it started being less about satire and more about attack articles about some deviant art fag
<Maraakate> so lets not get caught up in that trap again
<fannypack> it looks like everyone is idle tho :(
<Maraakate> well ill post this on the front page in the discussion as well
tl;dr let's keep this shit classy man. Leave me comments on my user page discussion, please or contact me IRC.
Pi Is A Rational 08:52, 21 April 2011 (UTC)
- I agree in the sense that A: shit must be relevant and B: shit must be funny. As long as an attack on someone is funny and relevant to actual events. Otherwise it just looks like a bunch of Uncyclofail. And nobody wants to read that. Also, posting dox directly on ED is retarded (use pastebin or link it off site) being a magnet for DCMA and lawlsuits. As well as skiddie DDOS requests on every website under the sun, because you know, its so effective. All attack requests and "calls to war" should be left to the chans and other sites. --Ror 11:04, 22 April 2011 (UTC)
- To put it simply, attacks on no one really gives a crap about can go while people who are known for being famous and a complete faggot can be improved upon while making it funny instead of just generic bashing. Tetrahegan 11:09, 22 April 2011 (UTC)
- I agree with Tetrahegan. Also, the Free Willy 3 and Girlvinyl threats on the front page once again make you guys look like a bunch of 13-year-olds. Focus on taking articles that have potential to be funny and focus your efforts on them instead of clowning on Girlvinyl. Or... if you do plan to make your focus on Girlvinyl, at least be tastefully funny with it. This is the new ED, keep it classy mang. Pi Is A Rational 07:14, 24 April 2011 (UTC)
Consulting the jew gods
I'm currently investigating whether or not what girlvinyl did was fraud, since she accepted donations then pulled the rug from under our feet. If so, then all donors to ED apply to join in a class-action suit against her. Surely after giving no warning pre-and-mid-donation that she would direct all traffic to a completely different site is pushing some sort of legal issue. Feel free to chime in with comments / call me a faggot and teach me the how the law really works. (And please, pull my hair as you do so. I like it when they pull my hair.) --Duckhat 10:26, 21 April 2011 (UTC)
Thanks Hagger. Now pull my hair. Hard. --Duckhat 10:41, 21 April 2011 (UTC)
ED didn't receive any donation. The evidence is right on the fork. If you didn't know you couldn't donate, then you've didn't try donating. --JuniusThaddeus 11:11, 21 April 2011 (UTC)
AH. HAH HAH. Well don't I look like an asshole now? Though I never implied I ever tried donating. --Duckhat 12:01, 21 April 2011 (UTC)
The old ED
Since the old ED died would it be worth making a separate article on the history of the past ED? Stating what it was, the awards it won and the details of its death? like some memorial or would it just be better to let it be thrown in the current ED article about ED? Tetrahegan 12:08, 21 April 2011 (UTC)
- Or how about we just copy the old article from the old ED and just add a new section to it regarding the change? --Duckhat 13:09, 21 April 2011 (UTC)
- Nah dupe articles seems pointless. Would be better to just have a new header about its death and revival on the current article. Tetrahegan 13:18, 21 April 2011 (UTC)
"The Great Internet Wars" Scoreboard
Hey comrades I found this link (http://anonnews.org/greatwar/) and I thought it was interesting, though I am wondering whether or not it is legit. Basically its three constantly updating (Every 20 seconds) statistical charts, detailing the amount of views, members, edits, etc. of this site, Lurkmoarpedia, and ohinternet. Its good to note that if you go by numbers right now we would be the best site with about 980,000 total views, compared with 260,000 (LMP) and 420,000 for (OI). So take a look if you like.
--SirAlantheTimid 17:23 April 21 2011 (UTC)
EDIT:Oh and hassa's all around for view number 1,000,000
- You know, I never liked Girlvinyl even before the incident. She was always a gothy emo cunt who always took herself too seriously and always considered herself out-of-bounds for even the most light-hearted teasing. Now we're getting all our articles back AND she's no longer running ED? Gentlemen I think things have turned out for the better. --Duckhat 15:55, 21 April 2011 (UTC)
- It's legit. It directly gets the statistics from the wikis (scroll down on the page for a link to the source code). Joepie91 04:17, 22 April 2011 (UTC)
- Are these 2011 statistics or does it all date back to when ED was first born?
- Its from Special:Statistics TKN 06:00, 22 April 2011 (UTC)
Do you guys want talk pages?
I saved a few through the caches. Dungad 02:14, 22 April 2011 (UTC)
- Talk:Hagger had a load of shit that made me lol. Hagger 16:17, 22 April 2011 (UTC)
- Yes please restore whatever talk pages you have, most of them were more entertaining than the actual article. --Zæg 05:44, 23 April 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, talk pages are VERY welcome - they have a lot of stuff that's entertaining to read or even give an insight in how an article was written :D Joepie91 12:56, 23 April 2011 (UTC)
- I only have a few but I'll try uploading them today. I think I have the Hagger one in fact.
Picuture of the Now
Yeah, I think this would be a great picture of the now.
--Kashiwaba Tomoe 02:27, 22 April 2011 (UTC)
- That belongs here. Cheers. Valandil 03:47, 22 April 2011 (UTC)
- That picture actually made my day. And its only just started. Tetrahegan 04:17, 22 April 2011 (UTC)
- Thirded. Great Picture of the now. On a related note, should new ED follow old ED's policy of not posting NSFW stuff on the main page?--Spambot 13:45, 22 April 2011 (UTC)
- Hell, why not? Seems like a good thing to carry over and made sense as well. I think the current trend is just because this is a new dawn and so more of a not so thinly veiled "fuck you" to the other "internet documenting" wikis policies of whitewashing anything offensive.--Ror 14:18, 22 April 2011 (UTC)
- As I recall the old ED had NSFW content on the main page. The knife ripping a woman's shirt, exposing her boobs, the FAP FAP FAP things above the search engine. Volimodramatiku 23:33, 22 April 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah but the picture of the now policy was always no porn, gore or gross stuff. --Zæg 05:46, 23 April 2011 (UTC)
- I agree, those policies are for the best. There is enough pr0n and gore on the articles, there is no real need to put them on the main pageAfilthyjew
So who are the new/current caretakers of each portal? Tetrahegan 05:40, 22 April 2011 (UTC)
- WheatThins is the caretaker of faggotry. Hagger 16:12, 22 April 2011 (UTC)
- I'm going to continue taking care of the music portal as I was on the old wiki. I'm currently searching for the images. I have them somewhere. --Zæg 05:48, 23 April 2011 (UTC)
- Good luck with you both then. Tetrahegan 11:06, 23 April 2011 (UTC)
Since the old ED group in failbook links to the cancer also known as ohifail.com i decided to create a new group that links to this site instead. Ill be pretty happy to give admin rights to the right person. Contact me and ill get it done. Those who want to join are more than welcome.
- If we could get more likes than ohinternet, that would be very impressive, as this is their territory. Also, can people see who "likes" it. I only have an IRL Facebook account and don't want people finding me via that page. Hagger 16:14, 22 April 2011 (UTC)
Well actually you can see how many people likes it, but no who likes it. As an example go to the old ED site on failbook and try to see who likes it. Anyhow thats a way i think i could help remove traffic from OHI towards ED.ch, pointing people to the right site.Afilfhyjew
- Where the hell IS the old ED page anyways? I previously liked it, but now I can't seem to find it, just memorial pages.--Ror 18:03, 22 April 2011 (UTC)
- Old ED page got taken down. I still have one of their messages in my inbox. It's my last artifact of old ED -Exploding Knees
- Well i don't know, but this seems like the official old ED failfuck site: http://www.facebook.com/EDOfficial as you can see it links to ohimawhale.Afilfhyjew
- Odd. When I click that link it takes me to my news feed. So, yeah. Exploding Knees
Anyone have plans to launch a raid on OhInternet? Perhaps people can do a mass upload of pornography on OhInternet or launch a major DoS on OhI.
--PresidentMudkip 16:22, 22 April 2011 (UTC)
- Best not to release that sort of info here, but I would certainly be up for it. Hagger 16:24, 22 April 2011 (UTC)
- IIRC it was said we wont raid ohi TKN 16:25, 22 April 2011 (UTC)
- Best to read this and in short, no.--Ror 16:34, 22 April 2011 (UTC)
- Tempting but others refuse so i think its worth passing until a few people say "Screw it, Lets go!". Tetrahegan 16:42, 22 April 2011 (UTC)
- There was already a DDoS attack planned for 20th April, but only approximately 3,5 Anonymous participated in that. Well, I'd love to participate in a huge raid, but since no one participates in it, I see no reason to participate myself. -- MilanorTSW 04:51, 23 April 2011 (UTC)
- No. --Zæg 06:02, 23 April 2011 (UTC)
- you have my sword, unfortunatly for you my ol rep isnt shit, much like my IRL one...... --thewiggler
Maybe girlvinyl is trolling us
One guy wrote to me a few days ago that he thinks this is all a big troll, that the almighty whale is trolling us all. What do you think, is it possible?
I wondered that too for the first couple of days but It has gone way past oh haha you got me to rabid neckbeards howling for eblood at this point. That and this alternate wiki that's now off to quite a good start thanks entirely to a dead ED. Sign your post btw. Armucat 01:46, 23 April 2011 (UTC)
- She has to be psychopathic to go this far: She's deleted almost all of the original ED info and she's honestly taking her site seriously. That website's so pathetic it's painful, we don't even need to raid.
- Secondat of Orange 02:13, 23 April 2011 (UTC)
- The problem I have with this, is that in the unlikely event she realizes how much she fucked up doing what she did, is that her excuse will likely be, "hahaha guise I troll you." I would have been a pretty funny troll about a day after it happened, maybe two, but this? Naa, fuck that. DoNotWant 04:59, 23 April 2011 (UTC)
- If what happened was a troll its the failest troll in the history of evar, just look at all the butthurt about having her dox on display.Afilfhyjew
- I wouldn't consider her reverting back to ED as trolling. More a cheap desperate attempt to get back what was successful in compensation for her crappy new wiki. Tetrahegan 11:02, 23 April 2011 (UTC)
- So, if she were trolling, and suddenly ED came back (yeah right...), what would you all do? FilthyFurry 21:02, 25 April 2011 (UTC)
- It's *NOT* a troll. You don't stab yourself with a knife and then yell out YHBT! weeks later. Trolling is not about inflicting damage into yourself and that's essentially what she did. Her little pet project OhInternet is currently *THE* biggest .com crash and burn in the entire HISTORY of the Internet...that's not a troll, that's just epic fucking stupidity at its finest. And at this point, let's be honest, even if she did suddenly try and backpedal to restore what she's already lost...what do you think is gonna happen? Oh, I'll tell ya, the site is gonna get fully RAPED of *ALL* its content and it's ~aaaaall~ gonna come over here...where she's not in control and she has no say about anything. In short, at this point, even if she tried to resurrect what she burned...it's already too late. Her shit's been replaced and she's been cunt punched out the door, she no longer holds any relevancy whatsoever in the trolling and flaming communities. Onideus 08:41, 26 April 2011 (UTC)
- "You don't stab yourself with a knife and then yell out YHBT!"
- I got the most epic image in my head from that of batshit insanity, ever. FilthyFurry 15:20, 28 April 2011 (UTC)
A new portal
I've been thinking about this for awhile, since a majority of shock sites are on ED and if i remember are all in one article, would it be worth adding a new Shock portal to ED? Obviously it means a new caretaker will be needed which wont be hard. Its only an idea to categorize those sites (*examples 2girls1cup, lemonparty and bluewaffle.) If they already categorized in a portal please lead me in the right direction. Tetrahegan 11:13, 23 April 2011 (UTC)
Evening, faggots. I arrive to ask if my services will be needed. You see, I tend to be a bit obsessive-compulsive and have saved 20k+ images from ye olde ED and 4chan on the trusty ole external drive. A rather chaotically disorganised /b/ folder, if you will. However, I fail at knowing how to do shit on wikis, because I can't be arsed to learn, and had to reference the help pages just to write this, so I am not going to upload them here myself. inb4lazyfgtgtfo
Would The New And Improved ED be interested in wading through a truckload of awesome pictures to see if any 'needed' images are in there somewhere? I have a lot of stuff from the DeviantART portal, a few meme galleries, tons of creepypasta, and reaction images, but it's mixed in with so much 4chan/4chan archive rubbish that it will take some time for some unlucky nigger to go through to find the gold nuggets within the cesspool. tl;dr, I am a lazy faggot with pictures that I can't be bothered to organize that I wish to dump on someone.
I am, though, weeding out pictures widely available through various other websites (such as FB fails, Art Of Trolling) to save on size. Do want, Y/N? CryptidsChild 11:19, 23 April 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, definitely. Can you upload archives with all the images to Mediafire or something, and post the links here? Joepie91 13:00, 23 April 2011 (UTC)
- It would be ideal if you have not altered the filenames when you saved them. That will allow us to simply upload them as-is and they would automatically be seen in their respective articles. --Duckhat 20:15, 24 April 2011 (UTC)
- As far as I can recall I haven't altered the names of any file I've saved from ED over the years. Pics from outside of ED will generally have the classic string of numbers file name, though. And yes I plan to put 'em all into a .zip archive and upload it to mediafire. Might be a few days, but watch this space and I'll post the link. CryptidsChild 05:04, 25 April 2011 (UTC)
- Giving up on uploading images until this file gets uploaded Scruffeh 01:54, 28 April 2011 (UTC)
Social media icons
Hi, I've added some icons at Template:EDContact/draft, which link to Twitter, JewTube (coming soon) and Facebook for ED. I've also put the picture of the nao to the bottom, Main Page/draft. I was wondering if you think any of these changes make a valid improvement to the Main Page and should thus be implemented. Thanks, Hagger 19:09, 23 April 2011 (UTC)
- This is a move in the right direction, good work. Only problem I have is the style, actually (aka: no there really isn't a problem).
- I just don't like the sticker aesthetic is all. I'd be happy to make a few that fit the style of the wiki page if you want, being a designfag this would be easy. --Ror 19:48, 23 April 2011 (UTC)
- Okay, that sounds great Ror. I also found the style doesn't really work with our dark, stone age style. Try and keep them 64 pixels and just overwrite the files. Hagger 19:57, 23 April 2011 (UTC)
- Sure, I'll stick to the size specs. I'll incorporate the kotinos (olive wreath) motif of the new ED logo as well.--Ror 20:39, 23 April 2011 (UTC)
- Okay, uploaded them and everything. If you feel I should adjust them, let me know. Edit:As with the usual new version of a file bug, it should take a while till the new versions supplant the old ones. --Ror 21:51, 23 April 2011 (UTC)
I have copied your changes to the template. Shadiku 18:28, 24 April 2011 (UTC)
I got suggested by Hagger to make a jewtube account, i made a gmail account for ED.ch to have it linked to the jewtube one, done and done, ill have some time tomorrows to work on the
design of the channel (any suggestions are more than welcome) http://www.youtube.com/user/EncyclopaedDramatica. Same with the Failfuck account, as soon as an authorized admin contacts me ill pass the gmail account, the channel and the admin rights for the failbook fan page, along with passwords and shit.Afilthyjew
- Actually thinking of it, i suck at designing, ill do my best but if anyone has better skills well post it on my user discussion and ill pull it from there.Afilthyjew
- I'd be interested in getting involved with the running of our social media. I don't want to be in charge of it or anything, but would like to make posts from time to time. If you trust me then mail me info to [email protected] Hagger 23:06, 24 April 2011 (UTC)
- Designfag here. I can tackle the YT page if you want. I know jack all about editing a youtube page, but if you have a template or just size specifications, let me know. Already made the social media icons anyways. Contact me via the "Email this user"--Ror 23:42, 24 April 2011 (UTC)
- How about a big glowing æ sign behind the featured video?--Person123 01:17, 25 April 2011 (UTC)
- Hagger, thats a target for spambots. btw, theres automagically an email user button on user (talk) pages (unless its disabled in ur prefrences) ~ TKN 01:42, 25 April 2011 (UTC)
- I don't give a fuck. My email account has literally tens of thousands of emails in it; 97% of which go to junk. You may also be interested in applying for http://www.youtube.com/nonprofits on JewTube. You can use email this user function too if you wish, as it's linked up to my email. (captcha "offended needed" lol) Hagger 02:05, 25 April 2011 (UTC)
I've uploaded a fuckload of gifs, and they are working properly on their file pages, but most of them fuck up as thumbnails. If anyone knows how to fix this, the internets would appreciate it. Patthews 19:30, 24 April 2011 (UTC)Patthews
Time to move on from the girlvinyl butthurt
Enough with the current threat alert and pic of the day being about girlvinyl. She's worthless now; focus on restoring the site to its former self. --Duckhat 20:18, 24 April 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah shes nothing more than a distraction from any real targets and topics. Tetrahegan 20:31, 24 April 2011 (UTC)
- Honestly I think we should take the noods down. I am just as angry about what she did as anyone else, but if we ever want a chance of having the old wiki back we are going to have to bend a little. This can be done, but she doesn't trust us and we are going to have to hand her an olive branch, because she will never in a million years make the first move. --Zæg 21:36, 24 April 2011 (UTC)
- Is she going to give us the old wiki files (does she even have them?) even if we take down the noods? With the full-blown article, shoops, and all. Polynymous 21:54, 24 April 2011 (UTC)
- Hand her an olive branch? To the person who decided to DFE and then attempt to profit by cloning KYM? I think not. Also like taking her nudes down will do jack shit seeing as you can never undelete the internet. If they get taken down they'll just make the rounds on her own site and youtube videos and chan threads. The only way for her to win in that situation is to cause as little drama as possible and it will quickly fade from discussion. For more on this theory, see Streisand Effect.--Ror 21:59, 24 April 2011 (UTC)
Uh, no. We're not taking down the nudes or extending any olive branches. This isn't a suggestion of "letting up on her", it's a suggestion of "quit making every fucking part of the front page about her". If you have anything good against her, then by all means, throw it in there. But so far it's all the same weak fat jokes and bitching about her every five seconds with nothing new to add. She isn't giving us the old wiki files. It isn't fucking happening. If you think kissing her ass is going to get her to turn all of this around then you've proven how hopelessly fuckwitted you really are. She's not budging, so we're simply moving on and replacing her. Don't twist my words of "move beyond the butthurt" to "let's kiss her ass and ask nicely and maybe she'll give us what she wants". The only thing we're missing are the images for articles; you want to help? Go surfing for images. Can't find the exact pictures used, but you get the general idea of what it was? (I.E. 50 hitler post, 50 baby hitler post, or some picture that simply had a caption over it) Go re-make it as closely as the original was and upload it. It's really not that hard; most of the time you can google image search the filename and you'll be able to see the old thumbnail of that image. --Duckhat 23:44, 24 April 2011 (UTC)
- If you read more closely you wold have realized that the only argument was what against Zæg posted. Unless you think he interpreded all of that from what you posted. But then it gets too fucking meta. And you about the 100th person to state the obvious "fix images right,nigga" But that has nothing at all to do with DeGrippo the Hutt. And yes, seeing her ass pasted on every corner is retarded. We all know what she did. We all know who she was (well, newfags aside). And we all don't give a single fuck about her ass, thick as it may be. Of course, this doesn't exclude newfags from thinking "DeGrippo belongs in all orifices of ED articles, because, comedy" so only you can prevent unfunny fires. --Ror 00:00, 25 April 2011 (UTC)
- I'm just giving my opinion, as I would really like to be able to get the data from her servers. Myself and a lot of others have years of work invested into the old wiki that can only be replaced by coming to an agreement with Sherrod. Yes she still has it. If nobody agrees though then fuck it, but without that data this will always just be an ED copy.--Zæg 00:30, 25 April 2011 (UTC)
- And the images are not the only things missing. There are page histories, logs, user accounts. There is a LOT of irreplaceable data. I never suggested that we kiss her ass, all I said was that we should come to a compromise, but whatever, fuck it. You guys weren't here then so you don't give a shit about the 7 years of history that is locked up in that server. --Zæg 01:33, 25 April 2011 (UTC)
- I support the idea of the removal of Sherrod if and only if it will go towards the restoration of ED. I'm not sure if the DMCAs are anything for us to take srsly, so as of yet I haven't seen anything from Sherrod, which indicates she would be willing to release ED info and thus justify co-operation. Hagger 01:43, 25 April 2011 (UTC)
- Userpages? Those can be re-made. Don't even try to justify BUT MY USER PAGE IS GONE as an excuse. It won't work, tl;dr everyone that matters will make new ones as many already have chosen to do. Logs? Yeahno, again, if it was important it would have been memorized if it was some amazing revelation that without, the site will cease to function (hint: it hasn't). Page histories? Internet archive, try it sometime. Also, I love how everyone says "yes, she still has it" like its backed up by any form of proof. Furthermore, the logic "well folks, seems we will never again find any fun because our old articles nobody cared enough to back up are now gone. Pretty much, if it wasn't saved then though. Search more or find something else to harp about being gone. And the "without that data this will always just be an ED copy" Uh, no shit? In case you weren't aware this IS a copy of ED. All articles that were uploaded were taken from user archives, so yes its a fucking copy one that gets more complete day by day without the "help" of Sherrod. Unless you are trying to say "the heart and soul of ED is gone" you are right, un-notable and un-funny articles nobody has bothered to save will likely be purged considering about 3 or so people found it funny in the first place. The fact that on the old ED every other fucking article was about some weeaboo/furfag/aspie/gamer/emo that 5 people care about and feel the need to write in detail every thing they do, without regard to comedic content or relevance to say, anyone else was a big problem. Now, hopefully, no more.--Ror 05:29, 25 April 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah because internet archive is the same as being able to dig through the wiki history. And I didn't say userpages, I said user accounts. Downplay it all you want, but we took a huge hit. She told me via email that she still has the data, and the images are all still on their server so I tend to believe it given the evidence.--Zæg 04:50, 26 April 2011 (UTC)
- User accounts have nothing at all to do with userpages? Name one good reason we're all screwed because someone can't re-make their user account. Like, try to actually make a justifiable argument instead of saying "ED is gone/just a copy now" because nobody is going to see the logic in that. Your line of reasoning that we will never get anywhere unless we come to an agreement with GirlVinyl is just being defeatist and nonproductive. And her baiting you with the data is just her trying to get a foothold on whats going on. Its literally her only tactic to cause any kind of a rift amongst users and it seems most people can see through that. If you believe that you also probably believed Ed went "down for maintenance" as well.--Ror 05:05, 26 April 2011 (UTC)
- That's not what I'm saying at all. Never mind, it is all just metadata I guess and it doesn't matter. I was just hoping that we would be able to install the old wiki, but it looks like that is not going to happen anyways so lets just get to fixing what we have instead of arguing over what's lost. --Zæg 05:09, 26 April 2011 (UTC)
- Right, just metadata which doesn't matter in the long run anyways. Having all of the old ED certainly would be fucking awesome, but that's not how it worked out in the end. Just like after any disaster, the locals rebuild. And that is want we will all do, this time hopefully learning from our mistakes.--Ror 05:24, 26 April 2011 (UTC)
- Actually, no, I don't care about the 7 years of "history" locked up in that server. That sounds like a lot of metadata that is now a moot point; it's stuff behind the scenes that only deep insiders would want, to reminisce over. FilthyFurry 21:17, 25 April 2011 (UTC)
She isn't giving the data back. Let ed.ch's statistics/superiority speak for itself. Keep your e-bullets in their magazines and put that energy into writing well-written, funny articles. lets move onto lulz, folks. --Praxlor 01:47, 25 April 2011 (UTC)
Wow, it certainly is getting moralfagish in here. In all seriousness though, the only shit that she would have of ED would be the text, as far as I know all images have been purged from the server since most of that shit wasn't going to cut it on "the new ED" and once she's done copying over what she wants from the text all of that is going the way of the dinosaurs as well. There's just no point in having data you never use. Haudnotusnomen 06:01, 25 April 2011 (UTC)
I don't want this ED to become like the old ED. I'm glad Dehippo and all those other assholes are gone and I do hope this site doesn't become drowned in retarded deviantart articles like the old ED. Dungad 07:54, 25 April 2011 (UTC)
Also, I agree with the OP; at the very least, any residual butthurt should be contained to the proper pages. FilthyFurry 21:17, 25 April 2011 (UTC)
Ty for bringing back ED!
Ohinternet sucks gay men cocks D: Quagsire 01:40, 25 April 2011 (UTC)
- Thank you for your enlightening statement Renfaar 04:15, 25 April 2011 (UTC)
- That's an oddly specific statement. Hmm...--Ror 05:33, 25 April 2011 (UTC)
- It is good to have ED back Dungad 07:45, 25 April 2011 (UTC)
- How oddly accurate! You did leave out one detail, though. FilthyFurry 20:59, 25 April 2011 (UTC)
Now --> Nao
Can a sysop please change all "now"s to "nao"s, because at the moment it's trying to load tomorrow's feature article instead of today's, thus allowing non-sysops such as myself to prepare tomorrow's feature article, because it's being used on here and is thus protected. Hagger 04:56, 25 April 2011 (UTC)
- Lol --Kashiwaba Tomoe 05:00, 25 April 2011 (UTC)
- I believe its based on either UTC time or time you have set in your preferences TKN 00:31, 26 April 2011 (UTC)
- Wat, no. I'm pretty sure it's based on US West Coast time. The reason we don't have a featured article today is because the template was locked yesterday, due to an error on the coding on the Main page above. Hagger 00:52, 26 April 2011 (UTC)
- Did someone fix it? TKN 20:10, 26 April 2011 (UTC)
I found most of the old images
- I came a lil. Hagger 19:34, 25 April 2011 (UTC)
- I came a lot and am covered in jizz Volimodramatiku 19:38, 25 April 2011 (UTC)
- Hmm, there are 4327 pictures (Comes to ~540mb). Not nearly what was lost but the links and pics are legit.
Not sure it's anything that hasn't already been recovered. Checked a few hundred, all were upped and full size. Oh well, suppose it could work for those wanting to save images just in case. Also, raping OhShitternetz bandwidth. Psycho-dono 22:32, 25 April 2011 (UTC)
- Yep, most of it looked like shit that was already uploaded in addition to being mostly mainstream, and thus, played out memes. Nice find regardless.--Ror 04:39, 26 April 2011 (UTC)
Lame ass Picture of the nao
Who the fuck is selecting that shit articles and photos? Really? the myspace pic of the nigress with the turd is the picture of the nao? Afilthyjew
- Totally. I too, feel your pain. I suggest maybe say, a screencap of the viewcount of ED.ch vs. OhI. You know, or if that's played out maybe a symbolic phoenix. Anything but a demotivator from the year 2006.--Ror 17:36, 26 April 2011 (UTC)
Again, we aren't here to suck each others cocks over ED.ch's superiority over ohi, symbolic messages, or any other displays of butthurt, meaningless e-drama, unwarranted sense of self-importance, anonymous's vigilante sentiment, or serious business. Keep it to funny and satirical articles, pics, quips, quotes, et al and creating drama(not participating). --Praxlor 18:16, 26 April 2011 (UTC)
- "unwarranted sense of self-importance"
>bolding in a talk page HA HA HA, OH WOW. Also, stating the simple facts, such as the fact ED has much more views than its "competitor" is just that. Stating the facts. Or ignore the fact I said it's a bit played out from the start anyways, you can do that too.--Ror 19:38, 26 April 2011 (UTC)
- Wait... then why are we sucking each other's cocks? I'm confused. I've been blowing and sucking like a ShopVac for over a week. (But srsly, the pics of the nao have been trending to shit. And there's only been how many?) -Psycho-dono 21:25, 26 April 2011 (UTC)
- I for one, enjoy receiving blow jays when done properly. What we really need is a vetting process for POTN. --Ror 21:59, 26 April 2011 (UTC)
Suggestion for PotN: http://encyclopediadramatica.se/File:Dorian-thorn-mothers-day.jpg Agreed in advance that he's a dead horse (which is why I didn't do much in the way of restoring his article aside from adding a few lulz n shit) but my thoughts are this: A) It's semi-relevant (almost Mother's Day), B) trolling potential makes it interactive (even tho it's probably a fake/deleted email addy), and most important C) If he really doesn't know about the new ED (as stated in his blog) then this makes for a potentially drama and lulz-filled wakeup call --Kokomo 22:30, 26 April 2011 (UTC)
- Oh god that was too funny. My vote is on this being the new POTN. Tetrahegan 13:40, 27 April 2011 (UTC)
- To beat a dead horse: please, nominate pictures at POTN. Wnt 06:32, 3 May 2011 (UTC)
Lame ass Article of the Nao
Who the fuck is this? Australia, conservative, those were great stuff - I could scarcely think of a way to fuck them up that would seem clever to me. White people, well, I could, so I did. But this? I don't even see a way to heckle at Snapesnogger - just have to wait until it fades away. Wnt 17:39, 27 April 2011 (UTC)
- mfw I chose Australia and Conservative as articles, but not white people and snapesnogger :) Hagger 01:32, 28 April 2011 (UTC)
Has ED been moved to a European server? The time zone would suggest this. Hagger 01:55, 28 April 2011 (UTC)
A quick whois points toward the Netherlands. Disregard that, the server still seems to be set in California. --BUNIFA LATIFAHit me up nigga 02:54, 28 April 2011 (UTC)
- The time zone is actually inherited from Wikipedia. Jimbo Wales originally set up the site on a pirate server aboard a Sea Org ship docked at an oil platform off the coast of England, assuming the Man was going to shut him down. Eventually they moved to Florida (later San Fran) and ED copied their time zone. It all dates back to somebody dropping a ball into the ocean in some village in England. Wnt 05:54, 28 April 2011 (UTC)
- I don't know what the fuck was happening, but the site was down for a good few hours. Anyone know anything? Exploding Knees 23:07, 27 April 2011 (UTC -5)
- Just had a lame ass idea to add to Anonymous but there was some shit about a socket. Wonder if posting will work here... Wnt 03:35, 28 April 2011 (UTC) Huh - works here but not there. Either it's the article or the Captcha. Maybe I'll just try it tomorrow. Wnt 03:44, 28 April 2011 (UTC)
- It's the Captcha. You put in your code, but you get an error. The same method you use to avoid the Wikipedia blacklist works for this. Wnt 23:13, 28 April 2011 (UTC)
Niggers Crackers Spics Spades Hymies Ragheads Kikes Gooks Chinks Chugs Wogs Wops
Goddamn I love this website. After old ED died, I went to every legitimately racist website and offended everyone there. This place keeps the lulz and satire flowing. Keep up the good work EDiots! TheCashClown 22:31, 28 April 2011 (UTC)
Picture of the Nao
I started the page Encyclopedia Dramatica:Picture of the Nao (POTN) to archive and propose these. We need one for today, but the non-existing article is protected (can't even move something to that name). I've proposed File:Cactusman.png for tomorrow with a "Gaddafi Wants YOU" caption. Haphazardly I thought something like File:Cuntface.jpg or File:Hermaphrodite-twins.jpg might be good for Walpurgisnacht, if you can edit, but you could think of better. Wnt 01:57, 30 April 2011 (UTC)