⚠️ Encyclopedia Dramatica is currently being restored by automated scripts ⚠️
There's been a lot of questions as to what's going on with the site and what comes next. So we have this (ordered) roadmap of what's being worked on and what's to come. This will be updated until the roadmap is complete as Æ has a lot of missing features and ideas that I'd like to fix in regards to its offerings before I implement big plans for the site's popularity and well-being in 2021.
Content restoration (Mostly done, few things missing that will be restored sporadically) Image restoration (Being run in background, nothing I can do cept wait)
Æ Imageboard (Currently being worked on)
Mediawiki upgrade and backend fixes
.onion domain for Tor-friendly editing and viewing
CSS overhaul (Fixing things like the videos on mobile, and overall a rehaul of the wiki's look to be more friendly to readers)
Paid bounty board for new articles (Won't be managed by me for legal reasons however I will ensure it runs smoothly)
Anonymous phone # service for those seeking ban evades from Twitter as well as a phone number not tied to their name (more details at launch)
Currently we are nearing our annual LLC renewal fee ($650) as well throwing the funds required for these other changes and aspects. If you would like to support Æ consider purchasing a copy of The Hustler's Bible or securing some Merch. Donating is also appreciated however I would rather give something back as per the two options above.
If you have any questions you can join our public Telegram chat to DM me privately or @ me in chat.
You can also email me via [email protected]
Merch notes: Thank you to all who have purchased merch. We will ship late January or mid February depending on our provider's speed.
Here's to setting the world on fire in 2021!
|Major Boards||/v/, /shr/, /hack/, /site/|
ShrekChan (now called pigchan because xD so random edgy pig cult!!!)was a "safe-for-work" imageboard designed to "ironically" mimic the brony fandom (which not only was dying, but had been milked for all it was worth upon the time of the sites founding) through usage of greentext fanfiction, poorly made photoshops and fanart, and other such material relating to the Shrek franchise. Though humorous at first glance, the fact that the site actually has a dedicated userbase composed of redditors who believe pretending to be a member of a radically faggy fanbase constitutes as some kind of wit is really quite depressing. Though popular opinion still unanimously agrees that bronies, furries, etc are vastly more insufferable, it is widely acknowledged that these losers' misinterpretation of irony ranks them somewhere near Ayn Rand supporters (though most ShrekChan frequenters likely do this anyway).
Before reading (or more aptly, skimming through) the rest of this article that has been commandeered by the userbase of this site, it is important for you, the reader, to understand the mindset associated with the kind of people who dedicate time out of their day to blogging up the kind of unfunny shit found on every page of Shrekchan. While the joke is supposed to be that it is seemingly pathetic, the fact that an actual community that has stemmed from this, on a site someone someone is paying money to maintain, transcends humor and effectively renders the users of this site actually deplorable human beings as opposed to just pretending. The pseudo-irony implemented by Shrekchan users is somewhat similar to that of hipsters: hipsters utilize "irony" as a means of attempting to show that they have accepted, and do not care about leading the most bourgeois, mediocre lives imaginable in the same sense that Shrekchan users do so to hide their poor communication skills and overall boring selves to the rest of the internet.
Essentially, Shrekchan is a place for people who are too uninteresting and/or cannot communicate in a normal manner with other people to get the human interaction they crave in a manner that doesn't trigger their crippling social anxiety.
Shrekchan users seem to be widely unconscious of their own uselessness to society, so please remind them at every given opportunity.
See also: Meepsheep's Law
- /v/ - Videoshrek. Only shrek-related games are to be discussed here. As it turns out, there's a disturbingly large number of Shrek games available.
- /shr/ - The main board on ShrekChan. Dedicated to Shrek discussion. Removed in early 2014
- /hack/ - For uber leet haxxors.
- /site/ - Supposedly the board for "Site feedback and discussion about ShrekChan." However, outside of people begging to have their image added to the banner rotation, the discussion that goes on is identical to the topics found in /shr/.
- /mu/ - "Mushrek" Removed to the after life.
- /shart/ - Art board for OC
- /rp/ - Autism board for cybersex
- /420/ - "ShrekSmoke". One of the two hidden boards of Shrekchan. Made just for smoking your favorite houseplant.
- /lounge/ - One of the two hidden boards of Shrekchan. Type "illuminati" in both username and password spaces and be on your way to the lounge, friend.
- /int/ - Similar to 4chan's /int/ board. It was later removed in the beginning of 2013.
- Brogre - Bro + ogre, fan of Shrek.
- Ogirl - Ogre + girl, female fan of Shrek.
- Shreksual encounters - Sex.
- Shrekking off - To masturbate, usually over Shrek.
- Eshrekulate - To ejaculate
- Farquaad - Troll. So named for Shrek's enemy, the diminutive Lord Farquaad.
- Green-ray - The favored format of ShrekChan posters on which to watch Shrek.
- Swamp - The area where one lives.
- Dreck - Something Shrek most definitely is not and, if you think so, it's all ogre fer you, laddie.
In 2014, the site died due to the increase of shitposting and the unrelevance Shrek memes had at the time, also because the site was a shit. The admin decided to create a new chan based on pigs instead: Pigchan. Visiting Pigchan is forbidden in Qurans, so its sandnigger free.
- Shrek - the big guy himself
- Scotland - Where Shrek lives.
- CaptAWB1 - A guy whose mom was killed by Shrek.
- Sir Billi - Another animated film with Scottish characters that inexplicably failed a bit harder than Shrek.
- Pigchan - Its sucessor
ShrekChan is part of a series on
Visit the Chans Portal for complete coverage.
|Featured article July 24 & 25, 2013|