Reach out to [email protected] for account approvals.
EDitor role also available for active/old experienced wiki editors. Email your userpage and you will be processed for the role on judgement per your edits done and pages made.
+ New EDitor role for quality of life improvements to active users
+ New Telegram Group for EDitors only
+ We're aiming for a defense on section 230 with the current lawsuit
+ Your mother has COVID-19
+ We're looking to do a new run of merch but it might work a little differently this time due to ban on major platforms and the black plague, check this poll here
+ The price of The Hustler's Bible has dropped in price temporarily, consider using this as a way to keep our servers alive (lawsuit is coming out of my personal funds)
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt is an anime/South Park clone produced by Gainax and /a/'s latest fetish. It has a gun-wielding super-bitch, an adorable, sugar-loving, goth-lolita, two lesbian devil-sisters, a nigga (a first for anime), as well as a shitload of other things. By glancing at a single thread on /a/, you can gather that other than moe shit, no other anime has divided the weeaboo community quite like PSG has. Needless to say, to explain it in one introductory paragraph is pretty much impossible.
Two angels are kicked out of Heaven and must collect Heaven Coins; they are obtained by turning their underwear into weapons and defeating Ghosts.
PSG is pretty different from any other anime out there. For one, the art style has more of a "Western" feel to it, there's a lot A TON of English (especially curse words like FACK THIS GUY, FACK THAT, WHAT THE FACK? FACK, FACK, FACK!), unrefined humor, actual sex (not just boring fanservice), outrageous fight scenes, jokes about both anime and western cartoons, as well as a ridiculous plot. Therefore, it's no wonder that there are only three opinions anyone can have on it:
- Greatest fucking show ever made, PSG is what anime should be. If you hate this show, you just hate life in general.
- The worst fucking shit ever made, anyone who watches this apparently has no taste in anime. As if you could have a "taste" since you watch anime in the first place.
- JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST WATCH?? (100% of first time viewers have this reaction)
There seems to be no middle ground on PSG. Any PSG thread on /a/ is bound to be loaded with battles between U MAD macros and One Piece copypastas. There always seems to be something to bitch about when this show is mentioned. Maybe its because it gets too much attention and just needs a little trolling every now and then, who knows. Another huge argument that seems to come up is that because PSG has such a Western style to it, whether or not it should really be considered "anime". Others try to discuss the "flaws" of this show, hoping to convince someone dumber than themselves, and of course, completely missing the point of the show in the first place. Either that, or just trolling.
Criticism from within the anime community
Panty and Stocking was widely critized by animu loving Wapanese for use of a "Western" animation style, an episode that implied Japan was a shitty place to live, and, most controversially of all, that women over 12 could be sexually attractive.
- Anarchy Panty: Un-slapped bitch. Panty is the source of about 90% of the cussing, sex jokes, and overall stupidity in this show. Her hobbies include doing nothing and getting fucked in every hole. In other words, your typical American female. She has the power to turn underwear into guns.
- Anarchy Stocking: Panty's sister and the slut of the show. She seems to be the polar opposite of Panty, she takes Ghost-hunting more seriously. Stocking dresses in a goth-loli get-up and likes sweets. She pretty much tries to be as moe as possible to please the more "hardcore" anime fans out there, but she can be just as bitchy as Panty on occasion. She has the power to turn her stockings into swords. Is an FFA.
- Garterbelt: Token black guy. Also happens to be a homosexual nigger since he shows no interest in women. He is a priest with a huge afro (that can ejaculate whenever they get a mission) that hands out missions to the heroines. Being a priest, he is of course, attracted to young boys, is into BDSM, and has a thing for Brief. We're actually being serious this time. Google it.
- Chuck: Some stupid ass dog that dies every episode. Is a rip off of two characters from two shows, Gir from Invader Zim, and Kenny from South Park.
- Briefers Rock: Your typical geek in his high school years. Makes it plainly obvious that he wants to get into Panty's panties. I hope you're comfortable with your sexuality, because you're going to be very familiar with Brief's penis by the end of the series. His dick is uncircumcised (that's bad in Japan), pretty big, ejaculates quickly, can restore angelic powers, and can even unlock gigantic gates to hell.
- Scanty & Kneesocks: Demonic versions of Panty and Stocking. They are obsessed with RRRRRUURRUS and are better than Panty and Stocking at everything. Even etiquette, beauty, class, sports, family status, academics, vision, and hearing. They can turn their clothes into rifles and scythes. Holy shit, they don't fuck around.
- Fastener: The demon sisters' recolored Chuck.
- Excretion without Honor and Humanity: The first episode and it's about shit. A fitting analogy for the rest of the series for all the trolls out there.
- Death Race 2010: Panty and Stocking attempt to take down a ghost that has possessed a car and a train.
- The Clamor of the Beehive: Weeaboos cheer on our heroines as they take on a bitchy cheerleader and the jocks that made their high school lives a living hell.
- Sex and the Daten City: Panty becomes a movie star and promotes her first film. However, halfway through she mentions that this was actually NOT her first time on camera. If you don't see where this joke is going by now, you're probably taking this show too seriously.
- Catfight Club: Girls fight over some snack and we find out that Stocking has a thing for shibari.
- Pulp Addiction: Pretty much explains why the Bible says you shouldn't masturbate.
- The Diet Syndrome: MOUSHIKASHITE DIETO!?!?!?!?
- High School Nudical: An episode about a mass naked child event.
- The Runny: Something about getting off from nose-picking. Naturally, only anonymous would understand.
- Vomiting Point: Typical Gainax-trolling. Shows Americans that Glorious Nippon is not really the magical wonderland they envision it to be.
- Les Diaboliques: First episode to bring us our true queens: Scanty & Kneesocks.
- Transwhoremers: Parody of "Transformers", also way better than any movie that Michael Bay has ever made.
- The Stripping: Casino-themed episode, pure fanservice.
- ...Of the Dead: Zombies are what's "in" right now, so naturally, they would need a zombie-themed episode.
- 1 Angry Ghost: Courtroom-themed episode about a flamboyant parody of '90s Tom Cruise, Ren and Stimpy (who get married), and a monkey lawyer which is a reference to Phoenix Wright.
- If the Angels Wore Swimsuits: Obligatory beach episode.
- Ghost: The Phantom of Daten City: Stocking dates Ghost Chris-chan. Srsly, he's got the shirt and everything.
- Inner Brief: First part of Episode 10; inflation and mpreg abound.
- Chuck to the Future: Three-part episode featuring Chuck. Apparently an homage to classic American cartoons.
- HELP! We are Angels: The only reason why anyone would give a positive review of Episode 10.
- Once Upon a Time in Garterbelt: An episode about Garterbelt's past, if you cared about him. Apparently, he's a BDSM-loving leather daddy.
- Nothing to Room: Filler episode.
- D.C. Confidential: Obligatory recap episode as well as some lesbianism to hold your attention.
- Panty + Brief: Brief turns from pussy-ass nerd to suave, handsome motherfucker. To get hot girls, all you have to do is be good-looking. This episode shot Brief's popularity to Iron Man levels, probably because some anons see themselves in him. And some anons literally see themselves in him.
- Bitch Girls 1&2: Its just like Gainax to go all-fucking-out for the final episode. And holy shit, they delivered. You know what they're also delivering? Another season. Hey, you promised to suck their dick in exchange for season 2. Go ahead and set up an appointment, bitch.
- OVA: For the special DVD episode the team goes full retard, the show takes another massive dump on the fanbase and you get 8 minutes of complete nonsense that looks like it was animated drunk over the course of a single afternoon.
The Great Gainax Trolling of Christmas
At the eve of Christmas, many anons were ready to enjoy a joyful and happy Christmas with their friends, girlfriends and family, when Gainax opened their goody bags and dropped a shit bomb on top of /a/ - they released the final episode of the animu. Minutes after the release /a/ was swarmed with butthurt, rage, hate and tiers resulting in dozens of threads popping and hundred of rage filled posts to appear, caused by the excellent trolling of Gainax. Many people expected to be trolled by Gainax, but not on this level. At the end of the animu there was the mighty "To be Continued", but it's a fact that Gainax is only trolling us into thinking that there will be season 2. GG Gainax gg indeed!
2015 Second Season Announcement
Gainax announced that a second season of Panty and Stocking was in production and would be shown in Fall 2015, but that the show would be co-produced with Hasbro and the protagonists would be transmuted into ponies to attract the furry dollar.
The OST Troll and the Grand Tale of Animeeeentos
With the season wrapping up fanboys were looking forward to two things. A grand ending and the release of the first Panty & Stocking OST. However on December 2nd 2010, the OST appeared to be within reach for the /a/nons. Little did they know they were responding to the biggest, and most obvious troll /a/ has ever seen. The OP figured he could start a popular thread after a long series of fails by demanding 200 posts. He claimed that "Amazon Shipped Early", and if the wee anons would succumb to his demands he would post a download for the PSG OST. However to such a large group of Autism all anyone read was "PSG OST IS HERE 27 DAYS EARLY!" Miraculously the OP got his 200 posts and decided to take his trolling to a new level of faggotry. What did he do? Ask for more posts of course! He then said he will release the download password after 300 posts. Again Autism won and OP got them. OP decided then to go into Super Saiyan 3 Troll and demanded 400 posts after he got 300 so fast. Low and behold /a/ still put past themselves the possibility that this could be a troll. OP finally released the password to the file to end all files. However once again, he only pretended to release the password. Shit got tiring until OP finally said the password was "you're welcome now say thank you" though a bogus password anon quickly decoded the password to be "you're welcome now say thank". The downloads ran wild computer screens covered in jizz at 1%. Could this download hold the answer to all of /a/'s problems? The short answer, No. The long answer OP devastated anon's anus so much he got them all to download a folder containing a random assortment of animu music, and viruses. Everyone knew this would happen and brushed it off as if it never happened. /a/non knew he would have to wait until Dec. 29th... Or did he?
Fast forward to December 27th 2010. The Americunts were just finishing up their dinner ready to go back to /a/. Over in Japan however one man was about to change the world before breakfast time. This man's name was Animeeeentos. Animeeeentos for whatever reason was in possession of the OST and began uploading a few tracks before he would face the trials of a Balanced Breakfast. Before he could even start cooking his rice his channel exploded when the world found he is the sole person to have uploaded the full songs to Youtube. He received a vast number of views and comments in a very short time, and tried as hard as he could to upload the songs the /a/nons wanted. He was able to upload four songs before his breakfast was finally ready. Animeeeentos was never heard from again. Some say he choked on some rice grains, others believe the Copyright Police raided his home, it is even said Imaishi himself came to his house and tied him down in a chair forcing him to watch every Gainax End ever for the rest of eternity. All we know for sure is he gave us all a great Aural Orgasm until we could each get our own copies of the PSG OST.
- Tell fans that a second season is in production.
- Get any animu fan who doesn't like PASWG to tell you what is favourite show is, then ask if he is a pedophile. This will work at least 90% of the time, because virtually every other popular animu every made has at least one loli character. Obviously, this is best done in front of his mother. (His girlfriend might be even better, but where are you going to find an animu fan with one of those?)
- Lend your box set of PASWG DVDs to your local fundamentalist Christian church for the Sunday school class to watch, telling them it's about two "holy delicate virgin" angels who help God by fighting ghosts. (However, do NOT do to this to Muslims however unless you want to be an hero.)
- "Fly Away" is the name of the song used for the Anarchy sister's transformation sequence. It is also Japanese slang for jizz spurting from a penis. Be sure to make use of this if any real Japanese visit your local animu society.
- Learn from the masters. Gainax didn't just troll with the ending, every other scene contains a troll of some kind. Better than that, Gainax remembers that every argument has two sides - and that a real troll will troll both. So for example PASWG is loaded with fanservice to troll the fan service haters, but these scenes often have a creepy, pathetic audience substitute watching. Or the Anarchy sisters will remark how easily hott chicks can manipulate men using their tits and ass. (Truth.) Be like Gainax: when you troll, troll everyone.
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt is part of a series on
Visit the Anime Portal for complete coverage.
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt is part of a series on
Visit the Media Portal for complete coverage.
|Featured article February 22 and 23, 2013|
It's Not My Fault I'm Not Popular
|Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt||Succeeded by|