⚠️ Encyclopedia Dramatica is currently being restored by automated scripts ⚠️
There's been a lot of questions as to what's going on with the site and what comes next. So we have this (ordered) roadmap of what's being worked on and what's to come. This will be updated until the roadmap is complete as Æ has a lot of missing features and ideas that I'd like to fix in regards to its offerings before I implement big plans for the site's popularity and well-being in 2021.
Content restoration (Mostly done, few things missing that will be restored sporadically) Image restoration (Being run in background, nothing I can do cept wait)
Æ Imageboard (Currently being worked on)
Mediawiki upgrade and backend fixes
.onion domain for Tor-friendly editing and viewing
CSS overhaul (Fixing things like the videos on mobile, and overall a rehaul of the wiki's look to be more friendly to readers)
Paid bounty board for new articles (Won't be managed by me for legal reasons however I will ensure it runs smoothly)
Anonymous phone # service for those seeking ban evades from Twitter as well as a phone number not tied to their name (more details at launch)
Currently we are nearing our annual LLC renewal fee ($650) as well throwing the funds required for these other changes and aspects. If you would like to support Æ consider purchasing a copy of The Hustler's Bible or securing some Merch. Donating is also appreciated however I would rather give something back as per the two options above.
If you have any questions you can join our public Telegram chat to DM me privately or @ me in chat.
You can also email me via [email protected]
Merch notes: Thank you to all who have purchased merch. We will ship late January or mid February depending on our provider's speed.
Here's to setting the world on fire in 2021!
This is the buggy code that makes your computer work, or not as the case may be. There are three types of operating systems: Good ones, bad ones, and Windows Me. An OS is the base program which hopefully allows people who are not 1337 to make it seem like they know what they are doing, due to the huge amount of help available for modern operating systems. Almost all other programs on your computer require that you are running a certain sort of operating system, for which they have compatibility. Regardless of which operating system you pick, you will have to defend your decision with civilized and intellectual conversation.
- Linux users are aspies, generally without friends, infrequent bathers and avoid contact with other people.
- BSD users are autistic introverts who don't like light and avoid eye contact. They also frequently shit themselves and when someone doesn't agree with their solution they throw a tantrum.
- Mac OS X users are like downies, they run around screaming unintelligibly. Eventually they give up, find a pretty object and masturbate all over it.
- Plan9 users are like people with multiple personality disorder -- there are many that claim to have it, but only two people truly ever have.
- Windows users are like people who are bipolar -- common, boring and frequently maniacal, known for their fits of destructive rage and energy.
- Solaris lovers are those perfectly stable people who fuckup their lives by choosing a really crazy partner with 'potential' who then sucks their mind and pocketbook dry through constant bullshit.
- IRIX users are like people with sexual disorders - they never get laid.
Makeup Of Operating Systems
Operating systems have a few main parts: the kernel, the filesystem, the user shell or interface, and genitals. The kernel is to an OS what AIDS is to Africa; it is the heart of the system, and is referred to by developers as "Biggie Smalls." The filesystem serves no real purpose in much the same way as homosexuals do. The shell or user interface allows the user to communicate with the kernel, and sometimes even lets you crash your computer.
Examples of Operating Systems
- Linux – Note that Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
- Mac OS X
Operating system is part of a series on Programming.
[Enter the Matrix]