⚠️ Encyclopedia Dramatica is currently being restored by automated scripts ⚠️
There's been a lot of questions as to what's going on with the site and what comes next. So we have this (ordered) roadmap of what's being worked on and what's to come. This will be updated until the roadmap is complete as Æ has a lot of missing features and ideas that I'd like to fix in regards to its offerings before I implement big plans for the site's popularity and well-being in 2021.
Content restoration (Mostly done, few things missing that will be restored sporadically) Image restoration (Being run in background, nothing I can do cept wait)
Æ Imageboard (Currently being worked on)
Mediawiki upgrade and backend fixes
.onion domain for Tor-friendly editing and viewing
CSS overhaul (Fixing things like the videos on mobile, and overall a rehaul of the wiki's look to be more friendly to readers)
Paid bounty board for new articles (Won't be managed by me for legal reasons however I will ensure it runs smoothly)
Anonymous phone # service for those seeking ban evades from Twitter as well as a phone number not tied to their name (more details at launch)
Currently we are nearing our annual LLC renewal fee ($650) as well throwing the funds required for these other changes and aspects. If you would like to support Æ consider purchasing a copy of The Hustler's Bible or securing some Merch. Donating is also appreciated however I would rather give something back as per the two options above.
If you have any questions you can join our public Telegram chat to DM me privately or @ me in chat.
You can also email me via [email protected]
Merch notes: Thank you to all who have purchased merch. We will ship late January or mid February depending on our provider's speed.
Here's to setting the world on fire in 2021!
Mixtapes are an obsolete form of art in which one compiles several different recordings onto the same media, acting as a DJ of sorts, but with less talent and a shitty dual-deck tape recorder. Most commonly, mixtapes are made to be given to a prospective girlfriend in a failed attempt to win her affection. As a result, many mixtapes are filled with miserably sappy love songs and things to which no guy within his right mind would listen. They can have other themes as well, such as "Driving music" or "Songs for date rape."
Since any moron with a cassette deck can make a mixtape by recording directly from the radio (a primitive form of streaming media) the RIAA collectively shit their pants, fearing their monopoly on gouging people for records was being threatened. They campaigned against various manufacturers of tape recorders, trying to outlaw the technology in an attempt to keep people from doing what they were going to do anyway. Twenty years later they had the same reaction to mp3s and achieved similar results: the music industry is powerless to stop anyone determined enough to "steal" music.
How to make your own mixtape
There are a couple of well-known methods to create a mixtape, along with a few others. All are complete wastes of time because the girl you like is dating someone else anyway and you are a fat basement dwelling Aspie.
The old-fashioned way
- Connect your tape deck to your radio or another tape deck
- Miss the beginning of the song
- Rewind the tape and try again
- Record for too long, catching the beginning of a song you didn't want
- Rewind too far and fuck up the ending of the previous song
- Repeat the above process until the tape snaps and snarls around the recorder's mechanisms
- Swear profusely and just buy the bitch some flowers
The modern way
- Pirate some My Chemical Romance songs
- Push the random button on iTunes because you're too lazy to put any thought into your playlist
- Burn the results to a blank CD
- Label it with your own blood
- Stalk the girl you like and slip it under her door
The rappity rap way
- Make some songs over instrumentals that were not made exclusively for you
- Pay a huge sum of money to either upload them on LiveMixtapes or DatPiff
- Get reviews from niggers thinking they are good at being music critics
Does it really work?
Contrary to how you may feel, you're not John Cusack and you're not going to win the girl over by pointing your boombox at her in the pouring rain. In fact, if you try that it's quite likely that the cops will be called and you'll earn yourself a nice new restraining order. As you skulk home in the rain after your talk with the authorities, you may find yourself planning your next mixtape, this time about your impending suicide. That's how they'll probably find you in the end, lying in a puddle of your own blood, razor blades on the floor, goth music quietly making its way to the bathroom from your stereo.
In case it actually does work
If you do somehow end up getting a girlfriend with this pathetic cry for attention, it's likely she's some stupid scenester chick with skunk hair, too much eye makeup, and tacky jewelry. Feel free to show her off at the local Hot Topic, where you will be relentlessly mocked for your choice because you and your girl are not hardcore enough. Go home and cry about it, because she's cheating on you with your best friend anyway.
- The one you gave to that popular girl
- The one that failed
- The one that worked (mythical)
- The one that is made by your favorite rapper
- Tori Amos sings her most boring songs about her menses
- Every shitty techno album ever
- Vivaldi's Four Seasons (Pretty dope, actually)
- Every CD is mixed, dummy. It's just usually done for money, not for hugbox as in your case
Mixtapes is part of a series on
Visit the Music Portal for complete coverage.