LOGIC AND REASON
Logic and Reason is what happens when intellectually pubescent basement-dwellers attempt to handle philosophical topics that rest beyond their limits of cognitive power. In short, they are the twin gods worshiped by the hardcore atheists that inhabit the piss containers of the Internet. Due to its popularity among some of the lesser species of the Internet, invocation of Logic and Reason is diagnostic criteria for determining whether an Internet-goer is a full-blown, self-fellating pseudo-intellectual or just a standard douchebag.
Or, "I don't know the difference between humans and robots."
Sometime within the past few years, a couple of misunderstood geniuses decided that Enlightenment philosophy had gone out of vogue 250 years too early. Instead of subscribing to the overwhelmingly-held view that people perceive the world differently, they concluded that there was absolute truth to everything. Conveniently, these absolute truths matched up with the viewpoints that these brilliant minds already held. According to these individuals, the only way to see the world ~clearly~ is with the help of empirical science and, of course, Logic and Reason: emotion be damned. Never mind the fact that human emotion and intuition are necessary for effective decision-making; so much as suggesting this to a Logic and Reason devotee will cause their chins to quiver in anger. After all, they are scientists (because 'atheist' obviously means 'scientists' nowadays): who are you to challenge them?
Logical and Reasonable Activities
- Arguing with Christians on Facebook
- Accusing others of creating strawman arguments
- Fellating other Logical and Reasonable geniuses
- Complaining about the friendzone
- Creating image macros
- Discreetly supporting eugenics
- Using and accusing others of fallacious reasoning.
- Creating tl;dr rants about why they're autistic saviors from humanity's immanent stupidity.
- Bullying grieving families over memorial crosses. Because, you know, that's what secular humanism is all about.
Enemies of LOGIC and REASON
- Religious folks
- Anyone without a degree in programming
- The 1%
- AmeriKKKans who don't hate their country
- Anyone over 30
- That kid in middle school who called me a fag on the bus that one time
- Non-militant atheists
- Those apathetic about circumcision
- Console gamers
- Anyone who doesn't eat babies lol xD
Logic and Reason in the Wild
If you encounter somebody (non-ironically) worshiping Logic and Reason on the Internet or elsewhere, your best option is to run away else risk receiving a fatal overdose of smug. If you do decide to point out the stupidity of following an outdated philosophy, be aware that you are fighting an uphill battle. These individuals lack the necessary self-awareness to realize that their viewpoints may be wrong and will always leave an argument feeling just as brilliant as ever.
- Occam's Razor
- Read a book
- I have a 140 IQ
- LAW AND ORDER
- Trying too hard
- Onigojirakaiju is a faggot who has none.
- You amuse me
LOGIC AND REASON
is part of a series on
Gods & Methodology [+]
High Priests [+]
Denominations & Organizations [+]
Alenonimo • Angie The Atheist • AngryLittleGiri • CapnOAwesome • Coughlan666 • FakeSagan • George Carlin • Jaclyn Glenn • OneLessGod • Pat Condell • Rebecca Watson • Ricky Gervais • Satanists • Saturnine Films • Steve Shives • TheAmazingAtheist • The Dickriders • Thunderf00t • Undertakerfreak1127 • Zionists
Sheeple & Heresies [+]
Accessories & Related Concepts [+]
|LOGIC AND REASON is part of a series on Language & Communication|