⚠️ Encyclopedia Dramatica is currently being restored by automated scripts ⚠️
There's been a lot of questions as to what's going on with the site and what comes next. So we have this (ordered) roadmap of what's being worked on and what's to come. This will be updated until the roadmap is complete as Æ has a lot of missing features and ideas that I'd like to fix in regards to its offerings before I implement big plans for the site's popularity and well-being in 2021.
Content restoration (Mostly done, few things missing that will be restored sporadically) Image restoration (Being run in background, nothing I can do cept wait)
Æ Imageboard (Currently being worked on)
Mediawiki upgrade and backend fixes
.onion domain for Tor-friendly editing and viewing
CSS overhaul (Fixing things like the videos on mobile, and overall a rehaul of the wiki's look to be more friendly to readers)
Paid bounty board for new articles (Won't be managed by me for legal reasons however I will ensure it runs smoothly)
Anonymous phone # service for those seeking ban evades from Twitter as well as a phone number not tied to their name (more details at launch)
Currently we are nearing our annual LLC renewal fee ($650) as well throwing the funds required for these other changes and aspects. If you would like to support Æ consider purchasing a copy of The Hustler's Bible or securing some Merch. Donating is also appreciated however I would rather give something back as per the two options above.
If you have any questions you can join our public Telegram chat to DM me privately or @ me in chat.
You can also email me via [email protected]
Merch notes: Thank you to all who have purchased merch. We will ship late January or mid February depending on our provider's speed.
Here's to setting the world on fire in 2021!
Larry Sanger is the inventor and one of the founders of TOW. Dead baggage to Jimbo, Sanger is the sort of guy that Wales dreads to even mention, this most likely stems from Jimbo wanting to keep all the credit to himself. Hell, keep it.
Co-founder of Wikipedia (AND its sole inventor!!!111oneoneone)
—Larry Sanger on "Lets Make A Wiki"
Larry Sanger assisted in the creation of Wikipedia. There are many, many sources that state that. Consequently, according to wikipedo policy, they have to use those sources. Sounds cool?
Unfortunately, Jimbo was a wee bit butt-hurt over Larry claiming - and rightfully so, as if it is on TOW, it has to be true - that he co-founded Wikipedia with Jimbo. So as a result, Jimbo forced his hivemind to violate policy, set in stone and all that shit, so Jimbo's e-pen0r could grow a wee bit at Jimbo Wales/Chat logs.
However, that whole story was actually a cover up of the actual truth, which is that Ben Kovitz is the actual founder of Wikipedia. While focusing on the Larry Sanger/Jimbo Wales duel, we all forgot about the real founder. David Gerard is primarily responsible for the usurping of the true God-king.
David Gerard's 27 June 2004 "tweak" changed the whole fucking history, and sent Ben to Davey Jones's locker. A year after David Gerard's change, Ben Kovitz was no longer notable enough for an article on Wikipedia even.
According to WR's admin blissyu2/Arian, an invite was sent prior to March 2006. Response: "I can tell you one thing for damn sure. I certainly will never post to your forum as long as you allow Lir to be posting to it." + "Fred Bauder is a crank"
Disgruntled over Wales' petulant, conservative nature, Sanger had to take matters into his own hands. Sanger, as a rebuttal to TOW, created a superior, factual version of the Wiki, with a closed system of editing as opposed to the cesspool of non-qualified false sense of equality with which Wikipedia is so infested. The next generation of Wikipedia, or Wikipedia 2.0 was to be called Citizendium. Naturally, as Citizendium will be edited solely by experts, and not pretentious wikipedo fucks, it has been estimated that Citizendium will supersede Wikipedia in usefulness pretty fucking quickly. Jimbo's response was one of panic and deep, rising hatred. He decided to erase Larry from Wikipedia as co-founder all together, and has hired a number of suits to make sure it stays that way. Internet - Srs Biz.
Recently, in an attempt to get attentionz for his Citizendium, Sanger attempted to get Jimbo thoroughly V& for distributing CP by reporting him to the FBI . Since he apparently forgot his old account's password, he posted by IP to MetaWikimedia. This posting of text immediately caused a slew of drama as people started using it as a talk page and modifying it, until eventually the entire message (and resulting conversation which we luckily recovered) was deleted and Millosh recreated the page from scratch on April 14th as a link to the prior URL. This page was referenced in slashdot prior to the creation date and the talk page was created prior to it, combined with the Jan-Bart history this wipeout is obvious.
Mere days after sending the warning, the Register broke the story, which spread across Slashdot, and Sanger twittered like made linking his followers to the various news reports.
The content in question was the "Category:Pedophilia" and related subsection "Category:Lolicon". Later, Sanger and the news articles relented that it was not showing real people but that it might qualify as 'obscene' or as a 'depiction' of abuse even if it wasn't depicting any real events or crimes. The art in question ranged from drawings of lolis in negligee from the creator of Wikipe-tan to a variety of artwork from the early 1900s.
- Larry: "IT'S STILL THERE!!!" "the FBI thinks the contents of Wikimedia Commons' "Pedophilia" category is "artistic." I don't think so"
- "I don't need some random anonymous person to tell me how to report a tip to the FBI!"
- "IF your concern is protecting children or preserving laws, I was only helping. I will accept the thank you."
- "I don't need some random anonymous person to tell me how to report a tip to the FBI!"
- DOCTOR Sanger's Message to the FBI, April 7, 10:59PM then 6 minutes later: "I sent to the FBI!"
- Sanger twitters the entire United States Senate, April 8, 10:26AM "Ball's out of my court now." 3 minutes later: "Older people are wiser than younger people"
- "Register has a story!" 4:37PM then FAST REACTION The Register UK's Sanfrancisoan Cade Mentz: Sanger Reports Wikimedia to the FBI. April 9, 9:20PM
- Private Investigator's Newsire, April 10: Larry on loli image archive: "Something I helped start!"
- SimSimT: "Another low from Larry" 7:16AM
- Translatica: "Why should the Pedophilia wikimedia commons content be banned or censored?" 8:40AM
- Larry: "You don't think it violates the statute? You think the statute is wrong?" 8:58AM
- "I think it is open to interpretation. It brings to the table the cultural or artistic relevancy of the images." 11:54AM
- "Didn't answer my question, DO YOU HAVE THE COURAGE?" 1:02PM
- 1:25PM: "the statute doesn't apply, art and history are undoubtedly ashaming, but undeniable knowledge"
- Twittering example
- Larry: "Slashdot is up in arms, pedophile sympathizers are out in force
- Endless Paradigm's ZiNgA BuRgA says at 05:53 AM that they've been monitoring the issue for years
- Huffington Post picks up Register story at 9:25AM
- Nyenyec:"Sanger: sore loser & asshole" 11:49AM
- Larry: "Don't have kids, do you?"
- GeekoSystem's Susana Polo reports at 12:34PM
- Afamiglietti: "Seriously Sanger, you report Wikipedia for Child Pornography? Citizendium going THAT poorly?" + "Sanger's home harbouring sex offenders!"
- Larry at 2:44PM: "Why so hostile?"
- WhiteMystery breaks the story at 9:48PM on the Thizzlehat Junction Center.
- General reply to SlashDot, April 12, 12:08AM (also on his site): "Child Porn" was misleading"
- Download Squad's Jay Hathaway at 12:30PM: "He's made the letter open and posted it to Wikipedia, where users (including Wikimedia's lead attorney) have subjected it to some harsh criticism, both legal and personal. Wikimedia defenders claim Sanger is just bitter over his falling out with Wikipedia"
- "no mention of TOW's pedo prob on CoW..." 1:21PM then... Criticism on Wikipedia, 6:17PM, this is later reported by /b/ in the Signpost Sanger Allegations.
- Cutting Edge News
- Larry: "THIS NEEDS TO BE A PUBLIC ISSUE" 9:43PM 1 min later... "do you have kids?" 1 min later... "Idly musing: what percentage of you have children?"
Larry: "WM took down my FBI msg :(" (April 14)
- AFG85: "You posted the text of the letter publicly. Why would you do that? Why wouldn't you just make the tip privately?"
- Larry: 9:53AM: "public because public pressure be brought to bear"
- "just making a play for attention"like the pharisees; trying to flaunt how moral and humble they were in public?"
- "there's something wrong with... my motives,"I should stop all criticism of Wikimedia"
- The subject is broached on the Uncyc forums, leading an average Joe to back up the FBI letter. (April 16)
- Yahoo copies the story]
- April 29: TechDirt digs up more dirt
- April 30: MOAR
- May 7: Due to the combined pressures of Sanger, FBI & Fox News Jimbo Whales will remove all the tentacoo wape from the Wikimedia Commons, :(
- May 9: The Register's Cade Mentz also likes to spell it 'pron'
- May 10: BBC: Whales cedes rights in response to caving into Sanger's demands to remove ancient nudez
- May 12: ZDNet's Dana Blankenhorn: "Sanger, who has been feuding with Wales for years, deliberately provoked this by giving Fox News and the FBI the two words certain to bring the wrath of God on any site — child porn."
(1) (2) Recently YouTube was used as a platform to promote once again his belief that he started Wikipedia. Immediately after uploading his speeches, he gave his own videos a thumbs up to get the ball rolling. Then, the following four hours were taken up watching videos of 3 year old boys. Out of the 4 channels he has subscribed, 3 were removed by Google for unknown reasons.
- SuperMemo, whose inventor had a run-in with Sanger
Larry Sanger is part of a series on
Visit the Wikipedia Portal for complete coverage.