⚠️ Encyclopedia Dramatica is currently being restored by automated scripts ⚠️
There's been a lot of questions as to what's going on with the site and what comes next. So we have this (ordered) roadmap of what's being worked on and what's to come. This will be updated until the roadmap is complete as Æ has a lot of missing features and ideas that I'd like to fix in regards to its offerings before I implement big plans for the site's popularity and well-being in 2021.
Content restoration (Mostly done, few things missing that will be restored sporadically) Image restoration (Being run in background, nothing I can do cept wait)
Æ Imageboard (Currently being worked on)
Mediawiki upgrade and backend fixes
.onion domain for Tor-friendly editing and viewing
CSS overhaul (Fixing things like the videos on mobile, and overall a rehaul of the wiki's look to be more friendly to readers)
Paid bounty board for new articles (Won't be managed by me for legal reasons however I will ensure it runs smoothly)
Anonymous phone # service for those seeking ban evades from Twitter as well as a phone number not tied to their name (more details at launch)
Currently we are nearing our annual LLC renewal fee ($650) as well throwing the funds required for these other changes and aspects. If you would like to support Æ consider purchasing a copy of The Hustler's Bible or securing some Merch. Donating is also appreciated however I would rather give something back as per the two options above.
If you have any questions you can join our public Telegram chat to DM me privately or @ me in chat.
You can also email me via [email protected]
Merch notes: Thank you to all who have purchased merch. We will ship late January or mid February depending on our provider's speed.
Here's to setting the world on fire in 2021!
Killer, an affix used mostly by douchebag technophiles and bloggers, is usually used to describe electronics and how they are going to "kill" the competition. This more than 92% of the time turns out to be the shittiest product with the largest hype imaginable. This means that the affix "killer" is synonymous with crap.
- The LG Voyager, a dumbphone that only runs on BREW (The poor man's JAVA) was dubbed the iPhone-killer before it's release, however it turned out to be the biggest piece of shit phone since the iPhone itself (Meaning that it was such a POS that it made the iPhone look good.). With no storage, a terrible browser, no multitouch screen and most importantly no App Store, Verizon really screwed the pooch on that one.
- Any MMORPG that's hyped up to topple World of Warcraft. For example, Aion, once hailed as the greatest, most innovative MMO of all-time, had 31 servers merge into 13 10 months after release. Star Trek Online is another example, especially when someone tried to make an EQ2Flames ripoff and call it STOFlames. Guess what happened.
- Facebook was supposed to be the "MySpace killer," oh wait, guess they are in the 8%. MySpace sucks.
- Google Plus was said to be the next "Facebook killer," but since no one could figure out wtf sparks and circles and shit were, no one ever used it.
- Instagram and Snapchat are in line as the next "Facebook killers" and are making advancements on that amongst kewl kid teenagers.
- Rachelle Waterman (LJ killers)
- Virgin Killer
- OJ Simpson
- Android (The real iPhone killer)
- Cupcake Thief
- BlackBerry 9800 set to be unveiled next Tuesday will destroy the iPhone. No one is sure how yet. But it just will. Nevermind the fact that it’s at least the tenth or so phone to earn such a moniker.
|Killer is part of a series on Language & Communication|