⚠️ Encyclopedia Dramatica is currently being restored by automated scripts ⚠️
There's been a lot of questions as to what's going on with the site and what comes next. So we have this (ordered) roadmap of what's being worked on and what's to come. This will be updated until the roadmap is complete as Æ has a lot of missing features and ideas that I'd like to fix in regards to its offerings before I implement big plans for the site's popularity and well-being in 2021.
Content restoration (Mostly done, few things missing that will be restored sporadically) Image restoration (Being run in background, nothing I can do cept wait)
Æ Imageboard (Currently being worked on)
Mediawiki upgrade and backend fixes
.onion domain for Tor-friendly editing and viewing
CSS overhaul (Fixing things like the videos on mobile, and overall a rehaul of the wiki's look to be more friendly to readers)
Paid bounty board for new articles (Won't be managed by me for legal reasons however I will ensure it runs smoothly)
Anonymous phone # service for those seeking ban evades from Twitter as well as a phone number not tied to their name (more details at launch)
Currently we are nearing our annual LLC renewal fee ($650) as well throwing the funds required for these other changes and aspects. If you would like to support Æ consider purchasing a copy of The Hustler's Bible or securing some Merch. Donating is also appreciated however I would rather give something back as per the two options above.
If you have any questions you can join our public Telegram chat to DM me privately or @ me in chat.
You can also email me via [email protected]
Merch notes: Thank you to all who have purchased merch. We will ship late January or mid February depending on our provider's speed.
Here's to setting the world on fire in 2021!
|This page has potential but it needs a lot of work. It could benefit from MOAR LULZ. Discuss edits that might add to the lulz on this article's talk page.|
The H-Dub Beeper is the name given to a series of software applications that utilise the Beep function from the kernel32 library to make the computer seemingly "beep" uncontrollably. The H-Dub Beeper is the brainchild of Mark Reynolds.
History of the H-Dub Beeper
The past 6 months has seen rapid development of the H-Dub Beeper:
- H-Dub Beeper - Random : The first beeper ever made. It utilities two lines of code to make the computer beep randomly.
- H-Dub Beeper - Keyboard : One of two "non-random" beepers. It gives the user the ability to play the computer keyboard as they would a piano.
- H-Dub Beeper - Virus : Jokingly named "virus", it is exactly the same as the original random beeper, except closing it opens up two additional copies of the virus. However, it can be stopped by using Windows Task Manager to end the process.
- Best Game Ever : An improved version of the H-Dub Beeper - Virus. It can not be stopped by any means except logging off or turning off the computer.
- H-Dub Pwnage Beep : Perhaps the most advanced H-Dub Beeper ever to be made. It can read music from text files, which allows users to get their computer hard drive to beep their favorite songs. It includes many great features, such as tempo and pitch shifting, "Make it phat" and "Make it schinny".
- H-Dub Lawn Mower : The first ever H-Dub trojan, it is cunningly disguised as a retarded game, but when you become an winnar it launches the Best Game EVAR, which is hidden within its code. Users who try to close the game prematurely may get quite a surprise!
- H-Dub Beeper - Generation2 : When run, it causes the computer to beep randomly and also makes the mouse move around and click randomly. Because of the user loses control of the mouse, it can only be stopped by switching off the computer. If it is left running, it can have disastrous effects.
- Blacky! : The most recent version of the H-Dub Beeper. This crafty application enlists the help of black person, a mascot of H-Dub, who chases the mouse around the screen. When he catches it, he runs off and gives the mouse marijuana. This causes it to move around randomly, like it does with the Generation2 Beeper. Although the beeping is minimal, it is still considered part of the H-Dub Beeper saga. Restarting your computer will return the mouse back to normal.
H-Dub Beeper is part of a series on
Visit the Trolls Portal for complete coverage.