A highfalutin' term for making shit up. Throwing one of those around could land yourself in Internet court. Before saying that an opinion is a fact please consult the following source and consider it's message before using phrases like "it's a fact" as an order to us for subscribing to your opinions. This sentence = not fact, just opinion, lulz points deducted. It would do well to remind internet pundits the difference between a fact and an opinion.
A fact is a piece of text pasted from a Wikipedia article. In the past a fact was something that could be objectively verified as real, according to the standards of proof demanded by logical positivism and scientific realism. The invention of The Internet made the external justification of facts using peer-reviewed research and education irrelevant, replacing them with a plethora of reliable, electronic means of verification. For a list of facts, see the article on common knowledge.
- 1 Factual Inaccuracy
- 2 Facts
- 3 List of people who have never told a lie
- 4 See Also
How to Identify Factual Inaccuracies
Any statement that:
- Begins with: "Studies show"
- Begins with: "My fellow Americans"
- Begins with: "Some say/Some have stated"
- Begins with: "My client is clearly"
- Begins with: "I was talkin with my girlfriend/buttbuddy(moar likely)/rapist(even moar likely)"
- Begins with: "I'm not a (racist, sexist, homophobe, lawyer, doctor, nigger, Scientologist etc.), but..." (See also: dubious disclaimer)
- Begins with or contains the phrase: "It's obvious that"
- Begins with: "Trust me I know"
- Begins with: "At the end of the day..."
- Begins with: "The state of the union is strong..."
- Begins with: "In the bible" or "It says in the bible"
- Anytime Nick Simmons says, "My dad, Gene Simmons says..."
- Has a woman saying that she didn't want to be raped.
- Any woman using the word "No". Everyone knows they mean yes.
- Has the words, "My Little Pony" anywhere in the response from an autistic piece of shit, such as how many of them claim to have learned empathy from the show.
- Is on Tara Strong's Twitter account.
- Ends with the phrase: "It's true, they tested it on Mythbusters."
- Ends with the phrase: "True story." For black persons, synonyms are "Chunk", "On God", "Real Talk", or "On my Momma/bird/dead [insert family member]."
- Is taught at an educational establishment.
- Is taught by Jews.
- Says that it is "Neutral".
- Appears in a movie based on a "True story".
- Appears in anything animated.
- Anything to do with Japan/Anime.
- Appears inside of Encyclopedia Dramatica.
- Appears inside of Urban Dictionary.
List of People who Rely on Factual Inaccuracies
- Old media
- New media
- Mann Coulteredia
- Al Gore
- Faux News
- Jack Thompson
- Sarah Palin
- Chris Crocker
- Social Justice Warriors especially feminists
- Andy Schafly
- Muslims and other Sandniggers like hindu
- Men's Rights Activists
- /b/- It's even on the page header, tards.
- Pretty much everyone who uses the internet
- Black People
- White People, usually racist
- Christian furries
Within time and space, every effect has a cause. And the effect can act as the condition that causes a subsequent effect. A story is born; lulz are had! Example:
Effect → ad infinitum
List of people who have never told a lie
- Weird Al
- Hugh Jidette
- Michael Moore
- Ron Paul
Bill Clinton He didn't had sexual relations with that woman.Oh wait, he did. George Washington HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKSDisregard that disregarding.
Examples of Factual Inaccuracies as a Drama-Generating Technique
- In Jews have small penises." : "Studies show that 3/4 of all
- In : "Everyone knows you can't get pregnant on a Thursday."
- In every available online forum: "The Phantom of the Opera molested me."
Factual Inaccuracies and ED
- Encyclopedia Dramatica Gold Stars are awarded to articles that cause the largest number of crybabies to become butthurt because they can't handle the truth or the truth that they've tried to hide is revealed on ED.
Example of a Fact Often Mistaken for an Opinion
- Jews did WTC
- The Cancer
- Duct tape is the solution to everything
- Autism is Latin for badly in need of an ass whooping.
Example of an Opinion Often Mistaken for a Fact
Fact is part of a series on
|Featured article November 3, 2005|
16 year old girl