⚠️ Encyclopedia Dramatica is currently being restored by automated scripts ⚠️
There's been a lot of questions as to what's going on with the site and what comes next. So we have this (ordered) roadmap of what's being worked on and what's to come. This will be updated until the roadmap is complete as Æ has a lot of missing features and ideas that I'd like to fix in regards to its offerings before I implement big plans for the site's popularity and well-being in 2021.
Content restoration (Mostly done, few things missing that will be restored sporadically) Image restoration (Being run in background, nothing I can do cept wait)
Æ Imageboard (Currently being worked on)
Mediawiki upgrade and backend fixes
.onion domain for Tor-friendly editing and viewing
CSS overhaul (Fixing things like the videos on mobile, and overall a rehaul of the wiki's look to be more friendly to readers)
Paid bounty board for new articles (Won't be managed by me for legal reasons however I will ensure it runs smoothly)
Anonymous phone # service for those seeking ban evades from Twitter as well as a phone number not tied to their name (more details at launch)
Currently we are nearing our annual LLC renewal fee ($650) as well throwing the funds required for these other changes and aspects. If you would like to support Æ consider purchasing a copy of The Hustler's Bible or securing some Merch. Donating is also appreciated however I would rather give something back as per the two options above.
If you have any questions you can join our public Telegram chat to DM me privately or @ me in chat.
You can also email me via [email protected]
Merch notes: Thank you to all who have purchased merch. We will ship late January or mid February depending on our provider's speed.
Here's to setting the world on fire in 2021!
ED IRC etiquette
ED IRC has three primary channels for the three primary aspects of the site - they are #ed, #forum, and #wiki. For example, #wiki is for polite, civilized discussions concerning the advancement of articles on our beloved Encyclopedia Dramatica. ED IRC is a place where serious business gets done. Depending on what channel you are in, users are required to follow some guidelines of etiquette to ensure the proper work environment. Please be sure to remain calm, composed, and proper at all times. Shenanigans are not allowed, and strictly enforced. Users who fail to behave properly in the channel(s) will be kicked and possibly banned for severe grievances. IRC can be fun for everyone and is not as foreboding as it used to be in ancient times, but make no mistake, faggots will be assraped on sight. Aside from that, all EDitors, readers, and forum users are welcome to join!
If you are kicked
If you are kicked then understand you have been greatly shamed, and everyone will know your IRC honor has been smudged. Do not complain about being kicked, or you will only appear even more shameful. The only way to wash your dignity clean (like fresh white linens) is to rise through the ranks to Channel Operator and then kick the person who first kicked you in a glorious display of vendetta. No Channel Operator recognizes leadership without the challenge of combat.
There are some simple guidelines to make IRC a hot, steamy, and pleasurable experience for everybody. They are not hard to follow, as common sense would cover most of these anyway.
- When asked, please state your real name. We like to know whom we are talking to. We don't want to invade your privacy, we just want to be able to recognize you on mailing lists, etc. Putting your real name into the ircname field is a good idea.
- No colors
- No flooding
- No swearing
- When entering the chat, do not say "Hi", "Hello", "What's up" or any other form of greeting. We all saw you enter. It has been recorded and logged. We do not need verification a second time.
- Snus is not your meme, do not pretend you know what it means. Do not ask.
- Always adhere to the code of MJU7. If you are unaware of the teachings of code MJU7 then there is little place for you in #ED.
- Please do not ask for help pertaining to editing the wiki. That is what #wiki is for.
- Some kicks are meant in jest or homosexual love. If you have been kicked for being a huge faggot, then you will probably already know why you were kicked in the first place.
- *Chan bullshit = Ban. (This goes for all channels)
- Please do not ask for help pertaining to editing the wiki in here either. That is what #wiki is for.
- Do not complain about your edit getting reverted/written over etc. 99% of the time this was because your edit was shit or you did not format it properly. Instead, let #wiki help you understand what you did wrong and how to fix it. If your edit was reverted by a vandal, they will be dealt with by a sysop.
- If you have a question, please be patient and wait for your answer. It could take anywhere from a few minutes to over half an hour. They cannot monitor #wiki like hawks 24/7. If you have a super serial problem, you can highlight a sysop (Say their name). If you can't stay in #wiki to wait for your answer, you may leave your e-mail and somebody might follow up, or consider dropping a note on the article's talk page.
|ED IRC etiquette is part of a series on Language & Communication|