- makes vague references on their LiveJournal about "a close friend" saying "something" that was "hurtful / mean / totally BS !!1!1" about a person, but will not name the person because they are a pussy coward who simply wants attention;
- sends you an email saying that your enemy / boyfriend / girlfriend / best friend said something horrible about you to your enemy / boyfriend / girlfriend / best friend about your eating disorder / furry tendencies / fat ass / l4ck of sk1llz / utter sluttiness;
- posts a picture of themselves and doesn't get the fawning adoration they were seeking in the first place;
- incessantly vandalizes an entry on Encyclopedia Dramatica, thereby prompting a WikiWar;
- gets defriended from another person's LiveJournal;
- Creates websites that are intended to make someone look bad
- gets into an argument on a message board over nothing more than semantics; and / or,
- sleeps around in their online community and then talks about it incessantly for the next few years.
There have been those who find great amusement in exploiting Internet drama, the most notorious being the LJDrama staff, who have made an art out of it. Israblog community has been known to promote internet drama by its special structure, which includes a populars list, hot debate of the day list, birthdays of the day list and more of the like.
People Who Live Off of OTI Drama
Internet drama is part of a series on
is part of a series on serious business
Free Speech • Identity theft • Irony • Internet asshole • Internet Celebrities • Internet disease • Internet drama • Internet humanitarians • Internet Law • Internet lawsuit • Internet lawyer • Internet stalking • Internet tough guy • Internet Vigilante Group • Operation Falcon Punch • Swatting • World Wide Web Consortium
People & Organizations
2cash • Alan Turing • Casey Serin • David Hockey • Dear Cis People • Doxbin • Fast Eddie • Grace Saunders • Hallcats Squadron • Jessi Slaughter • Mary Bell • Meek Mill • Kittens • Maja Schmidt • Missy • Niggest Crook Force • Psychopath • Vloggerheads • WEB SHERIFF