⚠️ Encyclopedia Dramatica is currently being restored by automated scripts ⚠️
There's been a lot of questions as to what's going on with the site and what comes next. So we have this (ordered) roadmap of what's being worked on and what's to come. This will be updated until the roadmap is complete as Æ has a lot of missing features and ideas that I'd like to fix in regards to its offerings before I implement big plans for the site's popularity and well-being in 2021.
Content restoration (Mostly done, few things missing that will be restored sporadically) Image restoration (Being run in background, nothing I can do cept wait)
Æ Imageboard (Currently being worked on)
Mediawiki upgrade and backend fixes
.onion domain for Tor-friendly editing and viewing
CSS overhaul (Fixing things like the videos on mobile, and overall a rehaul of the wiki's look to be more friendly to readers)
Paid bounty board for new articles (Won't be managed by me for legal reasons however I will ensure it runs smoothly)
Anonymous phone # service for those seeking ban evades from Twitter as well as a phone number not tied to their name (more details at launch)
Currently we are nearing our annual LLC renewal fee ($650) as well throwing the funds required for these other changes and aspects. If you would like to support Æ consider purchasing a copy of The Hustler's Bible or securing some Merch. Donating is also appreciated however I would rather give something back as per the two options above.
If you have any questions you can join our public Telegram chat to DM me privately or @ me in chat.
You can also email me via [email protected]
Merch notes: Thank you to all who have purchased merch. We will ship late January or mid February depending on our provider's speed.
Here's to setting the world on fire in 2021!
After encryption occurs, the user can add things like line breaks and images to the ciphertext to no ill effect. It will only serve as a façade for the true entry.
As an added security measure, all encrypted links are routed through a redirect script to mask the referrer, allowing you to coördinate pizza-party style attacks without LJAbuse knowing from where people are being told the target to attack.
As far as I've tested, your browser shouldn't need support for East Asian languages for this to work correctly. I'd recommend installing Chinese support anyway just for cosmetic effect.
Instructions for installation
- Install the Greasemonkey extension for Firefox by clicking on this link. This is something you should have anyway, so you can bask in the glory of the thousands of Greasemonkey scripts on Userscripts.org. An IE version of Drunkenboxer may be in the works, but no guarantees.
- Restart Firefox to activate Greasemonkey, then right click here and select "Install User Script...". If you don't trust it, you can left click on it and view the source code for your damn self.
- When you first install the script it will, as soon as you access a journal entry or an "Update journal" form, prompt you to define your passphrase. This is an agreed-upon key used within your group/guerilla junta/knitting circle, so that if this script falls into the enemy's hands it'll still be useless. The passphrase can be changed by clicking "Tools -> User Script Commands -> Change Drunken Boxer passphrase" from the Firefox menubar.
- The encrypt/decrypt buttons will pop up automatically by detecting LJ entries and LJ update forms, and it even knows not to add a Decrypt button if the entry isn't encrypted. If you don't want the buttons to pop up temporarily, you can click the monkey icon in the corner to deactivate scripts.
- Anything you type outside the font tag it generates will be retained in the decrypted version. Anything you put inside, as mentioned before, will be stripped out to no ill effect.