⚠️ Encyclopedia Dramatica is currently being restored by automated scripts ⚠️
There's been a lot of questions as to what's going on with the site and what comes next. So we have this (ordered) roadmap of what's being worked on and what's to come. This will be updated until the roadmap is complete as Æ has a lot of missing features and ideas that I'd like to fix in regards to its offerings before I implement big plans for the site's popularity and well-being in 2021.
Content restoration (Mostly done, few things missing that will be restored sporadically) Image restoration (Being run in background, nothing I can do cept wait)
Æ Imageboard (Currently being worked on)
Mediawiki upgrade and backend fixes
.onion domain for Tor-friendly editing and viewing
CSS overhaul (Fixing things like the videos on mobile, and overall a rehaul of the wiki's look to be more friendly to readers)
Paid bounty board for new articles (Won't be managed by me for legal reasons however I will ensure it runs smoothly)
Anonymous phone # service for those seeking ban evades from Twitter as well as a phone number not tied to their name (more details at launch)
Currently we are nearing our annual LLC renewal fee ($650) as well throwing the funds required for these other changes and aspects. If you would like to support Æ consider purchasing a copy of The Hustler's Bible or securing some Merch. Donating is also appreciated however I would rather give something back as per the two options above.
If you have any questions you can join our public Telegram chat to DM me privately or @ me in chat.
You can also email me via [email protected]
Merch notes: Thank you to all who have purchased merch. We will ship late January or mid February depending on our provider's speed.
Here's to setting the world on fire in 2021!
Sparky's Mailbomber was an efficient, effective and to-the-point mailbomber originally written for Project Chanology.
The project was restarted around August 2008 under the rebranded title of CloudNine Multimailer.
Latest Version: v2.6
Main features include:
- Ability to copy/paste comma-separated E-Mail lists
- XML Support, local and remote [v1.4 and Higher]
- Quick sending, up to 5 mails per second on fast servers [v1.5 and Higher]
- Tested up to 85, 000 mails on a single execution [v1.6 and Higher]
- XML Disallow List to block certain e-mail addresses from being mailed [v1.7 and Higher]
- Mail group support [v1.7 and Higher]
- Randomized "from" address support [v1.8 and Higher]
- Custom sender name support [v1.9 and Higher]
- Custom header support [v2.0 and Higher]
- AJAX user interface redesign [v2.1 and Higher]
- Multiple mail sender support [v2.4 and Higher]
- Object-oriented high-efficiency sendmail module [v2.5 and Higher]
The online list of scientologists went down as of July 2008. As of November 2008, it's online again, but not maintained.
As of v1.6, Multimailer no longer supports an online list, but maintains improved XML support. It requires mailbomber functionality to be enabled in settings, but is an easy fix, and sends mail far faster than the 1.4 code.
- PHP 5.2.0 or Greater
- Sendmail enabled
Requirements to use optional Online List (now offline):
- Off-site file operations allowed by host
Free hosts known to support it:
- Byethost.com (Doesn't support online list, though)
- hyperphp.com (I don't know about if the online lists work, and it also runs kind of slowly)
- 1.4: Unofficial Download: Very Old
- 1.6: Unofficial Download: Old
- 1.8-2.5: Official Download: Old
- 2.6: Official Download: Latest
- Sparky decided on Jan 25th to withdraw all involvement in Project Chanology. Mailbomber was updated to 1.5 and renamed Multimailer, and all references to the project were removed. Multimailer 1.5 was distributed in a manner which blocked contacting of Scientology e-mail addresses, though it was removable via PHP edits. For this reason, version 1.4 was recommended for Partyvan.
- Later in 2008, Sparky released Multimailer 1.6, vastly improving the efficiency of the script (almost a 40% speed boost to sending). Status reporting over a comma-separated API was added, with improved XML and several other features. It no longer retains any blocks of any kind. The script ships by default with the mailbombing functionality disabled; as per the readme, this can be enabled simply by editing settings.xml and changing <nmepass>???</nmepass> to <nmepass>pancakes</nmepass>. Due to its speed improvements and stealthed headers, we now recommend version 1.6. (Now version 1.7
- As of December 1, 2008, Multimailer 1.7 is out. It features disallowed e-mail listings and got a slight speed boost. Upgrading is recommended.
- As of February 2009, everything is online and working again. There's no longer a demo installation page but the latest version is kept in a .tar.bz2 at http://anonym.to/http://cloud9nine.net/multim/.
For users of v1.6 - v1.8: Sparky changed the way Multimailer works in 1.6 and has the mailbomber functionality disabled by default. To enable Multimailer's real power, edit settings.xml and change <nmepass>???</nmepass> to <nmepass>pancakes</nmepass>. (As of version 1.9, this is a true/false switch and enabled by default, so disregard this unless you want to disable it.)
Multimailer 1.6 went on some serious Slimfast
Sparky has moved to a new webhost, but the files are still there. v2.6 is apparently the last he'll make
Comment by Sparky on the above
24-10-2010: Yes, that Sparky. The Multimailer isn't dead, but I don't have much motivation to work on it, since it does everything people want it to already. It's really fast and can avoid all major email providers' spam filters, so what needs to be changed? I'll probably release a v2.7 eventually but there's no real reason to do so unless there's some new feature that really needs to be added. Mail me if you have some suggestions. The project is of course open source, so if you want to make some change to the code then by all means do so and mail me your changes, and I'll incorporate it into the main multimailer release branch. So, no, v2.6 is not the last I'll make, it's just the last version until there is any need to release an update. I highly recommend all of you people running ancient versions (you know who you are) update. If you're looking to use the multimailer without uploading it, there are plenty of ones online. I specifically designed the thing to be very easily found by web spiders, so you can find a lot of easily-accessible installations by googling for "cloudnine multimailer".
- sparky [at] c9ws [dot] com - If it's important, contact me. If it's stupid I'll hardcode you to receive a copy of every email sent with the next version.
CloudNine Multimailer is part of a series on
Visit the Softwarez Portal for complete coverage.