⚠️ Encyclopedia Dramatica is currently being restored by automated scripts ⚠️
There's been a lot of questions as to what's going on with the site and what comes next. So we have this (ordered) roadmap of what's being worked on and what's to come. This will be updated until the roadmap is complete as Æ has a lot of missing features and ideas that I'd like to fix in regards to its offerings before I implement big plans for the site's popularity and well-being in 2021.
Content restoration (Mostly done, few things missing that will be restored sporadically) Image restoration (Being run in background, nothing I can do cept wait)
Æ Imageboard (Currently being worked on)
Mediawiki upgrade and backend fixes
.onion domain for Tor-friendly editing and viewing
CSS overhaul (Fixing things like the videos on mobile, and overall a rehaul of the wiki's look to be more friendly to readers)
Paid bounty board for new articles (Won't be managed by me for legal reasons however I will ensure it runs smoothly)
Anonymous phone # service for those seeking ban evades from Twitter as well as a phone number not tied to their name (more details at launch)
Currently we are nearing our annual LLC renewal fee ($650) as well throwing the funds required for these other changes and aspects. If you would like to support Æ consider purchasing a copy of The Hustler's Bible or securing some Merch. Donating is also appreciated however I would rather give something back as per the two options above.
If you have any questions you can join our public Telegram chat to DM me privately or @ me in chat.
You can also email me via [email protected]
Merch notes: Thank you to all who have purchased merch. We will ship late January or mid February depending on our provider's speed.
Here's to setting the world on fire in 2021!
Barney and Friends
|This article is paid for by taxpayers like you.
Barney & Friends is a television show that has a talking dinosaur teach children about the wonders of love and caring for each other. In the 1990s, no other children's television show on public television was as hated and reviled as Barney. In fact, if you wanted to torture someone to madness and beyond, you would sing "I LOVE YOU" nonstop until they become an hero. As a result, Barney became the go-to thing to make fun of for kids trying to prove to bullies that they were more mature than others. Because nothing says maturity like obsessing over a character intended for preschoolers, right? Just kidding, even adults can't stand this piece of shit.
It's worth mentioning that while the original 1992 Barney & Friends ceased production of new episodes in September 2009, a revival is set to launch in 2017.
- Barney – The main character Barney is an anthropomorphic purple-colored Tyrannosaurus rex that has been neutered, lobotomized and made into a pussy vegan slave to politically correct America. As such, Barney performed simple acts of love and kindness to the children that will soon start a war when they grow up.
- BJ – BJ is a dinosaur that wears shoes and a cap. He thinks he's badass, but he's just a pussy that is easily scared by paper spiders and the lack of pickles on his sandwich.
- Baby Bop – Baby Bop is BJ's sister that wears a bow on her huge head. She wishes to be a ballerina someday, but who is going to allow an extinct species to dance on Broadway? Also she carries a blanket around with her, doing the Linus Van Pelt approach of not giving up a sheet of fabric.
- Riff – Riff is BJ's and Baby Bop's cousin that is added to the cast to make the show seem more relevant. He is an audiophile, giving him a fetish for the quality of music around him. He also likes to invent shit, but they are low quality and will break at the slightest touch.
Lack of educational value
—Some old ass professor at a university.
It is now known that the true purpose of Barney was to produce brain-dead morons who couldn't think for themselves and become spineless pussies. Many commented that the show lacked any educational value or substantive, positive content which only adds the criticism to poor old Barney. Not to mention, it's probably never a genuinely good idea to plop a child whose age is 1-3 in front of the TV set.
Barney in the world of pop culture
It is safe to say that Barney is one of the most hated characters on TV, and Barney & Friends was once ranked #50 on TV Guide's 50 Worst Shows of All Time list. If a show is added to a list compiled by a magazine whose only job is to give you the time at which a show airs, and even then only gets that correct about half of the time, that's very deep shit.
Songs were conceived calling for his death, comics were drawn showing him dying horribly, Animaniacs mocked him as a cosmic horror known as "Baloney", and one mascot made up an entire act by beating up another loser in a Barney suit.
The Internet responded naturally to the purple dildo monster by spawning the Usenet newsgroup "alt.barney.dinosaur.die.die.die", which was geared to the satirization, defamation and denouncement of Barney in any and all forms, even spawning a "roleplay" world in which members of the group would take on paramilitary personae, equipping themselves with such hardware as "Anti-Barney MechWarrior Units" and other assorted battle gear to defeat the rising tide of "Barneyism". It was known as the "Jihad to Destroy Barney" until an irrational fear of Muslims set in after 9/11.
Here is a little ditty created by the wonderful users of Usenet.
- "I love you, you love me, let's hang Barney from a tree.."
- "I love you, you love me, ho-mo-se-xu-al-i-ty..."
- "I love you, you love me, pe-do-phile, dontcha see?"
- and "A great big slug, for me to send you too, won't you say I HATE YOU TOO?"
This song is also one of the six songs used for torturing terrorists. That's right taxpayers, the government repeatedly plays this song to sand niggers in order to get them to beg for mercy. The good folks over at Guantanamo Bay like to use it as an interrogation technique, or maybe they just like to fuck with those camel fuckers. Whatever the case, they apparently played it so much that it has gained the title of "the most overused song in the U.S. interrogator’s arsenal."
- Barney Bunch
- Dora the Explorer
- The Jihad to destroy Barney
- Sweet fucking Barney fan fiction
- Barney's personal website
- Barney's #1 fan
Barney and Friends is part of a series on
Visit the Media Portal for complete coverage.