⚠️ Encyclopedia Dramatica is currently being restored by automated scripts ⚠️
There's been a lot of questions as to what's going on with the site and what comes next. So we have this (ordered) roadmap of what's being worked on and what's to come. This will be updated until the roadmap is complete as Æ has a lot of missing features and ideas that I'd like to fix in regards to its offerings before I implement big plans for the site's popularity and well-being in 2021.
Content restoration (Mostly done, few things missing that will be restored sporadically) Image restoration (Being run in background, nothing I can do cept wait)
Æ Imageboard (Currently being worked on)
Mediawiki upgrade and backend fixes
.onion domain for Tor-friendly editing and viewing
CSS overhaul (Fixing things like the videos on mobile, and overall a rehaul of the wiki's look to be more friendly to readers)
Paid bounty board for new articles (Won't be managed by me for legal reasons however I will ensure it runs smoothly)
Anonymous phone # service for those seeking ban evades from Twitter as well as a phone number not tied to their name (more details at launch)
Currently we are nearing our annual LLC renewal fee ($650) as well throwing the funds required for these other changes and aspects. If you would like to support Æ consider purchasing a copy of The Hustler's Bible or securing some Merch. Donating is also appreciated however I would rather give something back as per the two options above.
If you have any questions you can join our public Telegram chat to DM me privately or @ me in chat.
You can also email me via [email protected]
Merch notes: Thank you to all who have purchased merch. We will ship late January or mid February depending on our provider's speed.
Here's to setting the world on fire in 2021!
Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense
Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense or BJOMGWTFBBQAODN is a TL;DR page on Wikipedia where Wikipedians try very hard to prove they have a sense of humour. This page makes no sense for a number of reasons:
- Wikipedians have no sense of humor.
- The title makes it known that the jokes they are finding are bad, yet they are the only jokes on Wikipedia.
- If you like humour so much, why are you deleting it?
- Why make the obvious assertion that jokes are nonsense, dummy?
- They call themselves Wikipedians.
- Wikipedians have no sense of humour
- This list is very British.
Spending any significant amount of time at BJAODN is srsly hazardous to your lulz, and may cause you to laugh like
The first BJOMGWTFBBQAODN edit that still exists within Wikipedia edit history (see below) strangely enough contains an actual joke on the concept of logical positivism. This is hysterical to Dr. ParkingStones as he is the only person in the whole of the known universe who would ever find such a joke funny.
The joke follows:
- Logical positivism asserts that only statements about empirical observations are meaningful, effectively asserting that all metaphysical statements are meaningless.
- Unfortunately, this fundamental tenet of logical positivism belongs to the family of statements that it asserts to be meaningless. As a result, the entire edifice of logical positivism vanishes in a puff of logic.
- This insight appears not to have occurred to the logical positivist school of philosophers.
A link on the front of the current page leads to a page called Wikipedia:List of really really stupid article ideas that you should not create and contained the following box which looked like a template. This box would be funny if it were, y'know, funny — but it's not.
The page was obviously marked as VFD by a Wikirobotian operation on Neutral. The page was saved but people actually voted to delete because it was irredeemably POV. Idiots. (For the VFD Page, See Below.)
- No, it isn't that funny to anybody except you. That is what Uncyclopedia is for.
- Anything about which you cannot be buggered to write one complete sent
- It basically shoots cum out of it, and girls eat it, and then screams of pleasure, and jail bait, and getting banged in jail, and dying with it erect! WOODY!
Links on BJAODN
- Very First BJAODN page.
- The talk page of the votes for deletion on the rly,rly,rly page
- In a telling comment on Wikipedia "Sysop Accountability" is listed in the BJAODN collection.
- Deleted Articles with Freaky Titles, the closest thing to lulz that Wikipedia has, but still far, far away from true lulz.
Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense is part of a series on
Visit the Wikipedia Portal for complete coverage.