⚠️ Encyclopedia Dramatica is currently being restored by automated scripts ⚠️
There's been a lot of questions as to what's going on with the site and what comes next. So we have this (ordered) roadmap of what's being worked on and what's to come. This will be updated until the roadmap is complete as Æ has a lot of missing features and ideas that I'd like to fix in regards to its offerings before I implement big plans for the site's popularity and well-being in 2021.
Content restoration (Mostly done, few things missing that will be restored sporadically) Image restoration (Being run in background, nothing I can do cept wait)
Æ Imageboard (Currently being worked on)
Mediawiki upgrade and backend fixes
.onion domain for Tor-friendly editing and viewing
CSS overhaul (Fixing things like the videos on mobile, and overall a rehaul of the wiki's look to be more friendly to readers)
Paid bounty board for new articles (Won't be managed by me for legal reasons however I will ensure it runs smoothly)
Anonymous phone # service for those seeking ban evades from Twitter as well as a phone number not tied to their name (more details at launch)
Currently we are nearing our annual LLC renewal fee ($650) as well throwing the funds required for these other changes and aspects. If you would like to support Æ consider purchasing a copy of The Hustler's Bible or securing some Merch. Donating is also appreciated however I would rather give something back as per the two options above.
If you have any questions you can join our public Telegram chat to DM me privately or @ me in chat.
You can also email me via [email protected]
Merch notes: Thank you to all who have purchased merch. We will ship late January or mid February depending on our provider's speed.
Here's to setting the world on fire in 2021!
Art theft is a common, and rampant form of plagiarism. It incites an overwhelming amount of ED quality drama; hence why this page exists.
Art thieves are usually some of the most butthurt, lulzy, asshats that can be found on the internetz. They usually spend their time fapping to animu shit and and wishing they could be japanese, considering most art thieves are weeaboos. They usually realize by the time they slither out their obese hooker mother's wrinkly vagina that they have no talent for arting what-so-ever, but they're full of wonderful ideas, so they wonder how can they get their e-peen stroked? By tracing a screen-cap of Sailor Moon, re-coloring, adding cat-ears, and posting it to dA it of course! And considering these inspiring artists get 9000 pageviews each day, it leads to strong cases of USI. That fact alone provides sweet lulz.
What kind of people are art thieves?
- 95% of all TARTlets
- role players
- 12 year old girls
- Todd Goldman, whoever the fuck that is
- Tim Buckley
- Your girlfriend
The typical art thief either has the mental capacity of a newborn with anencephaly, is a troll, or are butthurt against someone that has more talent than they do, so they get revenge by taking their art.
By definition, every time you post a picture you have not created on the internet, it makes you an Art Thief.
Where can this faggotry be found?
DeviantART is the most common breeding ground where many art thieves spawn and have gay sex. Upon the even that you interact with one in its natural habitat, it is recommended that you call them out as "a thieving asshat" and wait for the AT's shitstorm of butthurt over it, troll them into the fucking ground, watch them baaaaaawwww, then SCREENCAP THAT SHIT and post it here.
Species of art thieves
- The Photobucket Tart uses DA as its personal army. It loves to link the images all over its MySpace page, hoping to get moar e-peen strokes even though it usually has no friends. Plus, who the fuck uses MySpace anymore?
- The .jpeg Tart Similar to the above variety but so fucking stupid that it uploads official animu art and popular original art/ fanworks as its own, unaware of the wonders of TinEye. Most likely to be found within the cesspool that is DeviantArt. Usually shocked and appalled that anyone would point out the obvious (though tends to be lulzy when confronted).
- Tracer DA's most common art form other than furries and animu, which is usually traced too. The screen caps are usually used by artists for merciless butchering into their fan-fucking-tastic Mary_Sue.
- PoeTART This breed of retard takes images from an anime straight off Google, pastes it into MS paint and writes some shitty poetry all around the image, usually lyrics from an MCR song. "HURR DURR IM SO DEEP"
- CopyPasTARD copies work from other artists and never gives credit, then throws a shitfit when called out some of them will try and claim that the original artist ripped them off, even if it is a known fact they have no talent at all.
- The Re-colorist simply re-colors over others work, usually in MS paint for extra lulz. They also take animation stills and create their own shittyoriginal character with them.
- Slideshow Makers take their favorite pictures and put it to great new pop music. They are very common on JewTube.
- FameTARDS upload famous work and expect people to believe them, and for some reason continue to get 200,000 faves and a daily deviation. "iTS NOT TEH MONA LISA, IT'S MY OC KIMI!!11!!! STFU JELOUS!!11!11!"
- ProfiTARTS Unable to survive in the working world, this breed of TART tries and sell their shitty artwork, only to realize that they have no talent and resort to art thief.
Things to look for when you suspect an art thief
Word on the street is that the one way to identify a thief are these common attributes:
- Style and quality is inconsistent (from ripping different artists or animu screencaps).
- Unnatural growth of skill (from shitty stick figures one week to professional anime the next).
- Drama whoring
- Anything done with 'Vectors'
- Anything resembling a cartoon with any hint of MS paint present
Usual reactions when accused as an art theft
- Its not mine, my sister/mom/cat/boyfriend/cousin did it
- I didn't know lol
- I have permission from National Graphic/Disney/God to use it
- <insertyournamehere> tried to screw me/called me a bad name so now I'm taking this as revenge
- I'm depressed!!!
- STFU you have no proof you lying whore!!11!1!1
- ITS MY OC AND UR JUS JELOUS THAT YUR NOT AS TALENTED AS ME
- I have ADHD!!
Art thieves are locked in a permanent state of butthurt once called out on their faggotry. They will piss themselves, claim to have tried to become an hero, cry, make death threats and stuff their journals and retaliating comment rants on how unfairly their "art" got removed. One of the most lulzy things to come from them is the fact that, without a doubt the only reason to remove someone's work is "CUZ UR ALL JUS JELOUS OF MAH ART". Aside from that, everyone can have some fun making 12 year old cry for ripping some animu screen caps. NEVER hold back. If you praise them they'll get down on their knees and lick your cock forever. All are retarded enough to believe their traces/rips/whatever are great talent.
How do I fuck with Art Theifs?
- Use the "report a deviation system", if enough deviations are reported then the user will receive the Banhammer
- Post multiple comments all over the user's profile and galleries to let others know of the AT's faggotry
- Come with proof that you can link to show all the internetz
- FUCK the CreativeCommons license, there's only one law about pictures : the Copyright, enforce it
- Never give up trolling the fuck out of the theif, because their butthurt is moar entertaining than daytime television
- Post hate art, link it to their profile, watch as the lulz unfold
- Once lulz ensue, screencap and post to ED
Gallery Of Art Theft Asshattery
- Icon theft
- Smudge painting
- Original character
- Doll Bases
- Creative Commons
Originality White Knights
Art theft is part of a series on
Visit the DeviantART Portal for complete coverage.