⚠️ Encyclopedia Dramatica is currently being restored by automated scripts ⚠️
There's been a lot of questions as to what's going on with the site and what comes next. So we have this (ordered) roadmap of what's being worked on and what's to come. This will be updated until the roadmap is complete as Æ has a lot of missing features and ideas that I'd like to fix in regards to its offerings before I implement big plans for the site's popularity and well-being in 2021.
Content restoration (Mostly done, few things missing that will be restored sporadically) Image restoration (Being run in background, nothing I can do cept wait)
Æ Imageboard (Currently being worked on)
Mediawiki upgrade and backend fixes
.onion domain for Tor-friendly editing and viewing
CSS overhaul (Fixing things like the videos on mobile, and overall a rehaul of the wiki's look to be more friendly to readers)
Paid bounty board for new articles (Won't be managed by me for legal reasons however I will ensure it runs smoothly)
Anonymous phone # service for those seeking ban evades from Twitter as well as a phone number not tied to their name (more details at launch)
Currently we are nearing our annual LLC renewal fee ($650) as well throwing the funds required for these other changes and aspects. If you would like to support Æ consider purchasing a copy of The Hustler's Bible or securing some Merch. Donating is also appreciated however I would rather give something back as per the two options above.
If you have any questions you can join our public Telegram chat to DM me privately or @ me in chat.
You can also email me via [email protected]
Merch notes: Thank you to all who have purchased merch. We will ship late January or mid February depending on our provider's speed.
Here's to setting the world on fire in 2021!
7-Zip's LZMA (7z) format is slower than all its competitors.
7-Zip is open source compression software which lacks icons. This old school software is written in machine code using a calculator, so it's known to be better than everything written in the whole universe.
Why not WinRAR?
7zip lacks everything WinRAR has when it comes to GUI. The icons of the files supported by 7-Zip are also designed in machine language, so they are light and fast, even though the actual compression operations are slower than most of the other competitors.
7-Zip supports 7z, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP, TAR, ZIP and WIM packing and ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, CramFS, DONGS, DEB, FAGGOT, DMG, FAT, HFS, ISO, LZH, DICK, LZMA, LOL, MBR, MSI, CUNT, NSIS, ROFL, NTFS, RAR, HURR, RPM, DURR, SquashFS, UDF, VHD, ASS, WIM, SHIT, XAR and Z. unpacking.
Does this shit get shit done?
The main feature of 7-Zip is that 7z format has a better compression ratio (LZMA) than rars because some nerd has found a way to combine zip and rar algorithms. Ironically, 7zip has a better compression rate of zip files even better than winzip itself. Noone uses the 7z format anyway because no one has 7-Zip installed, except for some average ftp search engine users in Russia.
Reasons for using 7zip
- You are too lazy to copypaste the cracked winrar.exe on your winRAR directory.
- You are obsessed with file sizes and are willing to wait for hours to make your files 2kb less.
- You need to compress your files because you are some warez dude who likes to break all copyright rules in the world.
- You like icons that took over 9000 hours to make in MS Paint.
- You don't like using drag and drop. (lol, fai7-zip doesn't support)
- You are a communist
- You are a FAGGOT
- You were raped by 7 people who unzipped their pants when you were 7.
- You find the colorful winrar icons gay and you live with the fear of being gaybashed every minute.
- You need AES-256 encryption in 7z and ZIP formats (for avoiding FBI when necessary)
- You are able to deal with the fact that some open source alternative is actually better than the proprietary-licensed competitor software.
7-Zip is part of a series on
Visit the Softwarez Portal for complete coverage.