2020 AD is the first year in the brand new roaring 20s. In March of this year, Encyclopedia Dramatica was restored after an extended absence, and a cheer went up from many lulz enthusiasts. Well... that's actually somewhat hyperboleic a claim. The wiki was down within... a month? A couple of weeks even? ED has crashed and burned many times, but this one was quite possibly the worst. ED remained down for the rest of the year, being gradually restored. It would take until March 2021 for ED to finally reopen.
—A prophetic individual in early 2020
You would think ED's collapse would be the worst thing that happened in 2020... and you would be RIGHT. The year was utterly shambolic in every way imaginable, and not having a living, breathing ED to document the happenings of 2020 will go down in history as a great tragedy.
The current summary of notable yearly events follows thusly:
- Khassem Soleimani is killed by Emperor Trump in a lulzy airstrike on Iran.
- ED goes offline for a while, due to Conrad Rockenhaus's fail.
- As such, teh Interwebs becomes a sadder place.
- February 5 - Trump acquitted after Democraps blew their bets on impeachment.
- BAWWWWING from the left commences as they still fail to understand that man still Can't Stump the Trump.
- February 8/9 - Jakrapanth Thomma attains the High Score on the Thailand servers.
- JewTube starts implementing COPPA after the lawsuit by the FTC, but creators are in danger
- Iran retaliates for January by shooting down a passenger jet full of its own citizens
- Jussie Smollett indicted again
- ED comes back to the web after a nearly two-month absence .
- Connoisseurs of Lulz turn to cheer, & lolcows return to fear.
- The Coronavirus which was discovered in China in late 2019 becomes the year's major talking point.
- The conspiracy theorists decide it is basically airborne AIDS and IRL-ban all fun activities - i.e no moar concerts, conventions, or even work. Quarantine happens for many.
- Brexit completed, leftists butthurt, mission accomplished
- George Floyd is pwned, sparking mass rioting the likes of which haven't been seen since the last pair of Jordans dropped
- Super Tuesday shook loose many of the Democrats running for the US presidency, leaving either Bernie Sanders and Joe Biden to run against Trump in November.
threatens to becomehas become the next plague, infecting over 100,000 2 million+ 7 million+ people around the world.
- Due to the above, the whole world was ordered into house quarantine, effectively turning us all into basement dwellers.
- Aside from April Fools' Day on the web, not much lulzy stuff happened in April.
- Everything was on Corana-holiday or lockdown still.
- Lulzy plane crash in Pakistan
- The USA's new national sporting pastime of Toilet Paper Hoarding hits its peak.
- Kanye West announces a srs and lulzy Presidential Candidacy Run only four months before the 2020 USA Presidential Election.
- Yeezus didn't rise again...
- A fuckhueg explosion happens in Lebanon, destroying large swathes of it's capital of Beirut and leaving 300k people homeless.
- Kamala Harris is selected by Joe Biden as his choice for VP candidate in the 2020 Presidential Elections.
- "Cops and old white guys 2020" is Biden's platform apparently.
- 1 million people dead from COVID
- TRUMP: STUMPED
- ED attempts to upgrade our server space amount on Cock.li resulting in the entire site breaking for a month and a half.
- ED gets it up again in late late December. But ED's community splinters off into two different sites in the meantime.
- Christmas Time - assuming it doesn't get cancelled due to The Rona.
|Featured Article December 19 and 20, 2020|